How does a guy approach a girl who is a stranger that he is interested without being creepy or annoying?

Let's say in a coffee shop or library. How does a guy go about approaching the girl. I'm not sure if just approaching someone you don't know is alright or not. It seems awkward and creepy even just saying hello or hi. Any advice?

What are signs she's interested or not interested? If she is not interested and I sense it, is it alright just to back off and leave her alone? Will that stop the girl from calling a creep if I back off if she is not interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay to approach someone you're interested in that you don't know! Maybe if you have an excuse to talk to them or something. For example, you could ask where a book is located if you see a girl at the library. This could be a conversation starter because then you could discuss that book and her interest in reading. It's not creepy at all to do that, in fact I would be flattered if a guy did that with me. That exhibits confidence which is attractive, heightening your chances for a relationship with that person. So next time that happens to you, you should try it! You never know, that person might end up being your future girlfriend 😉

What Girls Said 1

• just say hi! be friendly.

• What do I talk about? I don't know her.

What Guys Said 3

• Say "Hi, how are you?" or "I hope I'm not creeping you out" and smile and she laughs.

• I think I let the ladies deal with that one.

• Just kind of get closer to her physically, smile and see if she smiles back and then just start a conversation.