Is it bad that I wouldn't someone because they smoke?

I was talking to my friends about smoking, then I came out and said I wouldn't date a girl if she smoked.
Then they said what if you liked a girl and then found out she smoked? I just said I'd lose interest.

I just find it repulsive, but that's just me. I hate the smell of it and what it does to you.

Is it 'shallow'?

Ffs. *Date
I dunno how I missed this. I'm an idiot. 😂

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• I wouldn't choose a smoker but tbh I fell for a guy who smoked earlier this year despite not really liking it and I didn't lose any interest because he was a great guy and treated me really well. I couldn't give up on him. Also he never smelled or tasted like smoke. It's a misconception that every person who smokes must taste like smoke. But I don't smoke myself.

• But with that said I don't think it's bad to feel that way. I just know I thought I could never deal with it till I fell in love...

• not at all. this is a preference and u have every right to accept or refuse what u wish. this is a health thing, and if ur planning on having a family someday, u definitely wouldn't want this in the picture.

• I'm the same way. I don't care how prefect or amazing a guy is, I won't be with someone who is a smoker

• No not at all. It is a lifestyle choice that would be off-putting just life another lifestyle choice might be.

Not only does the smell stink, it also has secondary impacts on your health. It's not shallow at all. I think it's perfectly reasonable actually. I would feel the same about a guy who smoked. Wouldn't want to kiss anyone with fag-ash breath

• No. I am the same way

• No that's totally normal. I wouldn't do it too and many friends on mine neither. I'm also slightly asthmatic so I almost die if I stand next to him if he smoked. I think it's very disgusting.

• No it's not shallow, I'm like that too.

• No, I think it is completely fine!! I wouldn't date a smoker either. I hate the smell of it plus it sticks to your clothes and hair. It's neither appealing nor hygienic.

• You're not the only one, and to answer your question, no it's not bad that you wouldn't date someone because they smoked

• Eh, I'm an non-smoker and I wouldn't date a smoker.

• I can't be around smokers because I hate the smell and I can't breathe when I'm around it and I won't date a guy who smokes or a guy who gets drunk because my aunt died from a drunk driver

• Nope. It's a preference.

• Well I dislike smoking too. I have a lot of friends who smoke
    But I'd rather have a boyfriend who doesn't smoke at all

• No. Not at all.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think it's "bad" but I do think it's a little shallow.

I'm the same way really: I hate smoke. I hate it for the smell and I see no point in smoking. I can understand if someone is allergic to smoke but just to be shallow is not my thing. I would definitely date a girl who is a smoker. We all have unhealthy habits and we all have made mistakes. It's not my room to judge.

You can do whatever you want, that's fine: It's your life. But just remember, you're cutting out a LOT of girls you could possibly date.

• Not at all I don't like cigarettes or drugs either, I mean I smoke pipe tobacco in briars and cigars but even we who smoke those two things have standards. I can tolerate cigarettes to a degree though, I've never had any problems with women not being to happy with my smoking though since I only ever smoke outside and usually alone and I never smell or taste badly. Only when I smoke really strong cigars do I ever taste or smell bad also and I only really smoke one bowl or cigar a day since a standard bowl of tobacco can last up to an hour and a good sized cigar can last up to an hour and a half to two hours. To be honest even none smokers don't mind my pipe tobacco lol of course that's just were I live

It's a misconception that every person who smokes must taste or smell like smoke.

But basically I'll tolerate cigarettes to a small degree, I will not have anything to do with smoking drugs of any kind though, and if they smoke pipe tobacco and cigars well then that's great.

• I also wouldn't a girl who smoked. Gee, you could get cancer just from their breath.

And it shows the GIRL is shallow and trendy, likely smokes to stay thin instead of working out or something healthy like that.

• I don't think it's bad. I don't smoke but I can handle a little bit of it if the girl does it although I understand people who don't.

• It's your preference - like we all have them.
    Personally, I don't have a problem with smoking, I smoke myself,
    but instead I am not interested in girls who drink a lot of alcohol.
    Nothing bad about that.

• Only if she was hot and smoked cigars

• Nah, you're justified, I wouldn't date a girl that smokes too because they tend to have an arrogant personality like "I smoke, so fuck you if you don't like it"

• Well i'm exactly like u :)
    I never ever like someone who smoke !
    Never change what u belive for a girl ! :p
    Good luck :)

• I don't smoke and avoid smokers