First date! after 3 year relationship ending badly! help!

Okay so, here's the story ... my best friend has been trying to hook me up for some time now... and I haven't really been into that idea as that I'm still hurting a bit from a previous breakup. But this weekend... she had mentioned to a guy I went to high school with that I'm single again and that we should all hangout sometime...and he was totally into that idea. He actually asked her for my number a couple days later and has been texting me a bit. Saying he wants to take me out for drinks or to a movie or something. I'm an extremely shy person and I barely know this guy... I don't know how to act around him or what to say or talk about... I haven't been on a first date since I was 18! which was 4 years ago , help me :(! I'm totally lost and don't want to blow it...

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be yourself.. there isn't really much more to say. First dates are always awkward and being shy doesn't help. So push that aside, be confident in your skin and show him what you're there to do, make the date a great one. Just have fun, that's the important thing, it's not an interview, it's a date. You should be nervous, but don't let that get in the way of having a good time. (:

What Guys Said 1

• First thing is to remember that he is going to be really nervous too! Probably more so than you, especially because he likes you (he asked for your number after all!), he will probably spend most of the date hoping he doesn't say something stupid. A lot of people get a little worried about making conversation, check out these first date questions, link in case you get stuck.

• I already went on this date.... he turned out to be a huge douchebag .... totally conceited and not even worth being nervous over.... lol I guess I just have bad luck.

What Girls Said 1

• No matter what, I suggest that you are honest. Now this does not mean that you go out with this guy and go into a rant about your previous relationship. BUT, if you are not sure if you are ready to move on I would say so.

It might be worthwhile to do a group thing that takes "date" pressure off. You can see how you feel around him and take it from there.

It sucks to be torn up over someone. I hope that you are able to heal and be confident in the dating scene.