Guys, what does this text mean?

A guy was telling me how much he liked me and constantly flirting and complimenting me. Telling me how he used to feel about me etc. He had asked me a few times if I was talking to someone I said no. However I noticed he really didn't reach out that often as guys usually do when they seem that interested. A few weeks in I asked him if he had a girlfriend...
This was his response..."I'm sorta talking to someone but I really like talking to you."

I got mad at him. Said he was just playing games. Am I not right to get upset?

I ended up finding out that he found out he had knocked a girl up. The girl he used to go to, to talk about me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically, he doesn't know if you want anything serious, and since you two aren't even dating he is also talking to other women to see if they arr interested. I think you overreacted a little. If you really like him go for it, if not, let him move on.

• I think the fact that I had said he should meet up with me on his week off and he didn't make the time contributed to me getting upset. I feel if he really was interested he would have done whatever to make time since he didn't really have anything planned all week.

• You say you want "action" but all the two of you have done is talk... If you want action, take it, say I would love to date you for instance, Sat., but I want you to know that I don't want you talking to this other girl. I want to date you. And no hookups or friends with benefits stuff. Then see how things go from there.

No getting mad for another reason, no subtle hints, no assumptions that just because he isn't texting you constantly he isn't into you even though you haven't even gone.

• Really? I have to be that direct?

What Guys Said 12

• no he was clear... he said he likes u, but since u are not official.. he's seein another gal meanwhile

• No, that's a fair reaction. Who could blame you for that? But at least he was honest and didn't try to hide the fact about this other girl. Not that I'm defending it or his behavior.

• Yea at least he didn't lie and he wasn't making an effort. It just hurts that he tried to get me in bed... What would've happened then if I had... He would text the other girl Gm and I would feel used. So hurtful especially since he knew I came out of a relationship last year heart broken. I'm too sensitive and fall too easy.

• I know... I'm heart broken because this girl is apparently the girl he would talk to about missing me... I'm not blaming her but it explains everything... I'll cry for a bit but I'm a person of faith so I'm just gonna remember that this means there is better for me.

• That's right. There is. And you will be happier for it, and eventually forget that this was even a bad experience, as you'll be even happier than you think you would have been with him.

• I think playing games a bit - I would be a little upset

• I flipped out on him. Said he asked for another chance to be friends but decided to take the flirting and sweet talk to another level only to be talking to someone else. It's humiliating cause I was doing fine before he decided to start talking to me again.

• U should never let urself be considered a reserve , an option to someone, he should just make up his mind to whom to focus his attention

• Agreed that's why I got mad. That he would go on and on about me only to be talking to someone else. I even said oh what trying to figure out who you like better before you decide who you gonna treat with respect instead of leading both people on.

• I wouldn't bother with him anymore... he is obviously the player type...

• Maybe he has a double personality and is hanging with you two times a day. That doesn't change the fact that you won't get wet :/

• By all means you can get upset but I think he is more playing mind games with you he is trying to give himself a back up plan if you reject him or put him into the "Friend Zone" maybe try go further with him and see if he compels himself more into the conversation or backs off honestly I just think he is not trying to seem desperate :P

• I think you're over thinking this.

• So that's how you convince and confuse a girl. that guy should teach me a thing or two:p

• LOL. Why would you want to confuse a girl?

• i wouldn't want you if you got mad over something so tiny...

• He doesn't know what he wants he's trying to figure it out and yes it's ok for u to get up set

• Just move this guy is not worth your time. If your dumb okay try a luck with him, next time it'll be same story. He's just playing with you..

• while you think you have every right to be mad, (idk about that, thats up to you after all) what about the fact that he told you he likes you, but then just keep waiting for him to do more like 'the other guys usually do'? i mean he told you he likes you, you pretty much do nothing, what are you expecting?