Do you think people with high levels of dopamine in their brain tend to like to chase or be the one being chased?

Fyi: there are links between people with OCD and higher dopamine levels and there are also links between extreme athletes and high dopamine levels

My question is about relationships.

• like to chase
  • like being chased
  • results
This question is mainly about men but women can answer also, thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• People who are ecstatic all the time tend to prefer a simplistic and highly pleasurable easy going lifestyle, so imma say they prefer the person chasing them. however atheletes r usually up to a challenge so they may prefer the chase. I don't know could be an individual thing. But always remember. Correlation is not causation.

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah, that's sort of been my experience. Personally, I was always painfully shy and I could never in my life summon up the courage to chase a girl and even the thought of it was pretty unsettling to me. Then when I was in my early 20s I got a prescription for Adderall.

When I was on it, I wouldn't go so far as to say I liked to chase but I was okay with it. For the first time in my life I felt positive about myself and felt like I wanted to show other people who I was and get them to know me. I didn't go out to bars and start hitting on girls but I did start opening up and briefly tried internet dating for a while. Sounds pretty pathetic but for me that was huge. You have to walk before you can run and it was like I was finally in a place where I could build up those skills. Who knows, maybe if the experience lasted long enough I could have built up enough confidence to be able to enjoy it.

Dopamine is amazing stuff. It's the fuel of the mind and the will. Without it you're fucked. People with naturally high levels of it don't know how lucky they are. I would love nothing more to be in that state again.

• I'm the only guy so far who put that they like being chased?

Maybe i'm just tired of being "The Guy" in relationships. Have to always pick what to do, where to go, pay for almost everything or suffer insults by the females "friends" claiming guys should pay for dates. This leads all the way up to always having to initiate intimate contact.

Oh and I don't think these are related at all. I agree with ClauseViter that "Correlation is not causation".

My grandmother still refuses to drink out of Aluminum cans or use antiperspirant because of that study done in the 70's about Alzheimer's and high aluminum levels in the brain. The study was debunked fairly quickly that aluminum is *not* the cause of Alzheimer's.

• I love the chase and I'm kind of OCD and competitive so maybe.

• nah... i don't think these 2 r related.. :)

• I have no back up information but I am guessing they like to chase.

• Yes i think they like to be chased.

• Yes. I'm pretty sure they do

What Girls Said 1

• Like to chase.