My boyfriend said he live for me?

We just started dating but he said I am the best thing in his life. He lives for me. 😱

he is an ex felon. He has been trying to rebuild his life. I don't really know how to take things that he saying. He has been sending me gifts, making breakfasts, dinners, teaching video game, soccer, etc.

i love him but I don't want him to just live for me. He even offer to help pay my debt down.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's looking for a branch to hold on, and in this case it's you. Let him live for you, it's better for him.

What Guys Said 5

• It sounds wonderful! You inspire him that much.

• But, what is your question?

• I guess I am just freaked out! Is this normal boyfriend talk? He is my first serious relationship.

• Absolutely normal. When I am in love with a woman, she becomes my life, my everything. All that I am and do revolve around my love and dedication for her.

• U must really mean a lot to him then

• Beautiful strong bonding!

• well dont be freaked out. help him stand on his feet slowly but steadily. i'd love to hear that a girl ikves for me... .

• lol ex felon

• He work in biotech so he is getting his life together well and is a getting a promotion. I never heard a guy say he live for me.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it'd be a good idea if you sat down with him and said "look, i really appreciate all that you're are doing for me and I love you but if we are to enter a stable relationship i can't have you depending on me for life, and there is a lot of pressure on my end because (insert good reason here)" maybe it would be a good idea to slow it down a bit because you said that you just started and he already loves you, and maybe it's outspoken of me but I think a relationship like this is a little dangerous because his stability on you means that all of the stress of what to at, how to act, how not to act is on your shoulders and that's not really a comfortable way to be in a relationship. I'm sorry if you feel differently I just have a bad feeling...

• That is a great idea but he knows I want him to be his best self. I will support him by being there for him. I think he just take it to the extreme. ️He knows I have commitment issues and if I am upset, I just move on type. I don't know, I figure how to approach when the honey moon stage is done.

• That's good to hear, it's good he knows that you want him to be independently strong, I hope you sort this out, best of luck.

• It just means his life was so empty without you, let him take strength from that and make his life better, personally I'd tell him to quit it with the gifts though. You don't need him to spend money on you to make you feel special.

He is living for him but right now you are his world, he is in love with you and nothing else will compare - let him have that.

• Don't take it in the "wrong" side. Look, maybe you were one of the first people that gave him a chance, you trust in him. He appreciates that.

You didn't care about his past and started a relationship with him, he values that.

Just take some time and see how the things are going. Maybe he just wants to show you how much you mean to him and those words were the only that came to his mind but to wake up every morning and not to be the mess you used to be you need more than a person that you like, you need a real change and that comes from the inside.

• I keep encouraging and appreciate the simple things he did for me. He thinks I am the best girlfriend. It scary me a little since he is my first relationship. I love him and I think he is trying to express himself.

• You are right. Not many people give him good advice or believe in him.

• He is your first relationship.

Even more on his favor. Why? He wants you to have a good experience and not you to think that he is taking advantage in any way.

He wants you to know that he is for you too.

• That's great, you must mean a lot to him. What is your question about though? Do you want to know what it means?

• Yeah, is this normal? I dated a lot but no one ever said this kind of thing to me. He is my first serious relationship and I am not sure how to take it. I am not sure if he is clingy or if he is trying to tell that I mean a lot, etc.

• He's trying to tell you you mean a lot. There's nothing weird about that.