First date - no kiss?

So, I went on a coffee date last night with this guy i've been texting with for the last 2 weeks. I was dying of nervousness before I met him, and I know he was too because he texted me saying that, which made me calm down a bit. I went and met him, he was cool, we sat outside by the river, we talked a lot, never run out of topics, and it was him that suggested we should call it a night because he had to work in the morning. I was just mesmerised watching him talk about his work and travels and stuff, and since I did my fair share of travelling we bonded over that. I was feeling that chemistry when we were talking and he even found a way to hold my hand by asking if I had cold hands (which I did). I laughed a lot, and I know it was obvious I was enjoying myself since I didn't suggest to leave, but I feel a bit insecure as always about my personality, I think I hide behind a wall of funny stuff, and I don't give the romantic side of me a chance because I fear it will look too cheesy or corny, it's nothing like I am normally, I am funny and witty. The thing is, I'm 24, he is 32, I like him, I never had a boyfriend, I don't know how to go about these things. He was sweet and brought me home, didn't try to kiss me, since we were talking about really random stuff, not exactly setting the mood for that anyway, but I can't help but feel like I wanted him to, but at the same time, he made a better impression by not trying. And did he not try because he didn't like me in real life or something... So confused anyway. He texted me when he got to his car, and said if he didn't have to work he would have stayed longer, and he texted me this morning again... Anyway, don't know what to think about this -no kiss situation-, maybe I've just been with assholes who just wanted to get sex ( which I certainly didn't give them- I'm a virgin ), and now I really found a decent guy. I'm just worried I'm not really what he wants and that he is too good for me, I don't know...

Ok, I've been talking to this guy everyday, i'd say 90% of the time he initiates conversation because he wakes up earlier than me :). Today the topic of kissing came up in conversation and he said that he was shy, so he would close his eyes and then I could kiss him if I wanted to, next time we meet (next wednesday). I found this so incredibly sweet and of course I told him I want to kiss him. Now Wednesday can't come soon enough :)

Most Helpful Girl

• So when are you seeing this amazing down to earth decent guy again? .. Don't leave it too long as some other very lucky girl will grab him.

• I will see him next week since he is going out this weekend with some friends to Spain to watch some football game, but yeah he seems pretty decent and hardworking and I just think I don't even know what he sees in me anyway.

• Ok, I've been talking to this guy everyday, i'd say 90% of the time he initiates conversation because he wakes up earlier than me. Today the topic of kissing came up in conversation and he said that he was shy, so the next time we meet he would close his eyes and then I could kiss him if I wanted to (next wednesday). I found this so incredibly sweet and of course I told him I want to kiss him. Now Wednesday can't come soon enough :)

• Gosh.. Thank you so much for considering mine as the MHO.

It rather sounds like things have definitely moved up a couple of gears.. You'd better make very sure that you do kiss him when you next meet.. Are you though going to keep your eyes open or closed?

Oh and please don't forget the invite will you!! :)

What Guys Said 6

• It will come on the second date don't worry. If not, then hit him in the head to clear out his mind and tell him to make a damn move already
    fc04.deviantart.net/.../...everknowwho-d6m6usm.jpg

• It's only the first date! Seems really premature for a first kiss. Just relax and take your time. You'll have plenty of opportunity for that later on.

• Well I think he either didn't want to risk making u uncomfortable or he's just taking it slow but if u want him to kiss u then u definitely have to give us guys some signs or signals so we can catch on but it sounds like he likes u given that he even said he would have spent more time with u if he could and he texted u the next morning.

Hope I helped and best of luck!

• if he had kissed or even tried to kiss u, u would have assumed him as one of the ass holes n would probably think twice about him.

• I won't kiss on first date not even on first five. I would hold off to know if she loves me. And her intentions.

• You're okay!

What Girls Said 2

• You sound just like me, its strange. I think he was just being a gentleman and trying to give you the impression that he isn't just after sex, but he seems to like you.

• He has been texting you after the date, I would say he is jnto you.

Now, I would like to know more about how it goes. Keep us postes :D

Just don't worry, the kiss will come.

• I will keep you posted :) he's been texting me saying he didn't forget about me but he's got a lot of work to do this morning, and I just melted ahaha

• Yeiii!! Be positive. Positive thoughts bring positive things.