Guys, how much of a turn off is it if a girl has mental disorders?

I'm talking depression, body dismorphia disorder, bipolar, anxiety... But not as an everyday term but as in someone who suffers from a clinical mental disorder

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to say I don't think I could do it. I grew up under a mother with undiagnosed depression and a martyr complex. Seeing what she put my father through, being subject to her screaming sessions (not to mention suicide scares and a few other outstanding incidents), and having no other examples to look at growing up put me off of the idea of partnering at all. I never dated in high school, never dated in college, finally realized after I started living on my own that not all women are like that and a relationship is something I very badly want, and have stumbled about clueless as to how to find it ever since. My only relationship to date, I'm sure many wouldn't even count it as such - it lasted eight months, but it was both online and extremely long distance. We never met in person, and just over a month ago she cut contact without warning or explanation.

I cannot subject myself again to what my mother put me through. I don't expect the woman I love to be my therapist and I'll take as much of this as I can to my grave, but I hope and pray to find someone more level-headed than her.

• I'm not saying 'no' categorically, as with anything else it's case-by-case, but I will not volunteer to spend decades of my life as someone's emotional punching bag to pin all their problems on no matter the extent to which you work your ass off for them.

What Guys Said 20

• I dont mind as I have struggled with anxiety myself. One of my exes was bipolar, and I stayed with her, understood her, comforted her during her mood swings, even got her helped and diagnosed. She returned my love by lying, cheating on me, and dumping me.

As long as she appreciates the love and un, derstanding I give her, and is not like my ex, I dont mind at all.

• Depends how well we get along. If the chemistry is there, I wouldn't hesitate. In fact one of the girls I fell for was clinically diagnosed as being bipolar, she's a wonderful person, it makes no difference to me.

• A mental disorder is a huge red flag. I have had to deal with some crazy bitches. I do not want a relationship with one. So-called sane women are difficult enough. Here in Australia the official statistic is that a quarter of the adult female population are on some form of prescription psychiatric medication. There are a lot of crazy bitches out there.

• i dont really see them as a turn off as i do have a few neurological disorders myself. but i dont see any of the ones you have as big of a threat. just as long as you have a good conscious over yourself.

now the one that i actually would see as a threat and a major turnoff is Borderline Personality Disorder, which you obviously dont have. this one alone are worst than the ones you mentioned put together

• Life is a journey , a long path full of obstacles that you have to overcome in order to get cum. Just pull yourself together , travel , try to express yourself , find your true self. Then you will know if this guy is worth you or not. Always you can just stay a virgin for the rest of your life and get millions of points on gag :D

• well most of them would be "ok" to deal with... bipolar would be a problem though. i hate dealing with bipolar people.

• Not really a turn off but it would make things a bit more challenging.

• Its a turn on if ur having crazy sex, but in every other situation its not good! So stay naked😄😀😀😃

• 23 % turn off

• I can tolerate it, but as long as it isn'y really bad.

• As I suffer from depression too, I often wonder that. Maybe I should ask the question.

• I'm pretty tolerant of this stuff, and these problems are very common. If it's not too severe I'd be okay with it.

• It's not a turnoff to me. If she's a good person.

• Well all those disorders at once would be hard lol. For me it would but would it be a turn off if a man had s serious mental disorder?

• I'll put up with it as long as she's pretty and intelligent.

• I could deal with everything but honestly probably not bipolar

• It is not a turn off for me, more like some spicy thing, interesting. It can be even hot sometimes.

• 0|0
  • well its kinda turn on for me

• Its similar to girls having "bad boy" syndrome I reckon.
    People love being attached to someone with flaws, as it lets them think they can "fix" them. If someone has depression, a guy thinks he can change then by making them happy.