Guys, why is he suddenly pulling away?

I have been seeing a guy for a little over a month. We've been on 7 dates. Ranging from putt putt to bowling to movies to dinner and a movie at his place. We waited 3 dates to kiss and 6 to have sex, and we text daily. He was a gentlemen and always followed up along with telling me he was excited to see me in between dates. I was sure he was very interested. He even mentioned tickets he has to a concert in a month. We hangout last Thursday and it was great. The holiday weekend was coming up and he knew I had some plans with my friends on some of the days for a birthday. However, unlike usual he didn't make an effort to hangout or see me at all during the 3 day weekend. I know he is busy with work and also is moving (same city) soon so he said he was cleaning and packing.. But it jus seems odd. Although he still text me every day, there were fewer and he seemed less interested. We have not had an exclusivity talk and I am wondering if he met someone else. Should I just give him space in case he really is just busy or mention that I feel a distance?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the problem is that he felt you should have made time to see him over the holiday, but you didn't. I'm not saying that what you did was wrong; I'm just trying to help you to understand him.

Guys deal with insecurities, also, and your relationship is not sufficiently established for him to feel confident about you. You are wondering if he has someone else while he is probably wondering the same thing about you.

He may not be ready to talk about this openly and any effort to have a talk might just push him away. On the other hand, giving him space might be interpreted as you want more time for your other relationship.

I suggest that you call him and tell him how much you missed spending time with him last weekend and that you want to plan something special with him. He may not have the time now, since he is moving, but ask him if he would like to go away for a weekend with you. This sends the signal that you are wanting to make him feel special and that you are willing to commit your time to him. If you feel comfortable with this, you can also remind him that there is nothing as hot as motel room sex! That should get his attention.

What Guys Said 3

• better do... although have u ever questioned y he does?

• wot make him textin less then? guess u should send some message :)

• You text first

What Girls Said 5

• I hate to be the Debbie Downer but you guys arranged a six date rule to sex. All the sudden you get 6 dates done and over with within a month... Which is far less of a span that 6 dates would normally take plac. Considering most dates normally happen solely on weekends. Is it possible he is now acting distant because he finally got to that six date mark?

• Just casually mention, that you miss the daily contact you both used to have.

• You can ask him where do you stand with him right now? If he doesn't' want contact anymore... just tell him *thanks for your time*

• he's losing interest.

• You always just ask him to hang out, and see how he acts when you talk to him then. Then you can decide whether or not there is a distance between you guys. Hope it all works out :)