Guys, is it true guys talk in simple language and we girls just over analyze?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. Most guys just aren't that bright, intelligent, or articulate. You see it everywhere, in every way. Very few rise above a high school level of maturity, even if they are very smart in a given field or profession. Granted, there are exceptions, but they are generally rare.

What Guys Said 19

• Plain and simple, yes.

The reason women for the most part analyze, and over analyze everything we say. Is because you do not give straight answers, so you tend to think men are the same.

A simple example, you call a guy and he says he can't talk because he is tired and is half asleep. He is tired and falling asleep.

A guy calls a girl about meeting up in a few minutes, even though she wants to. She says she is tired, not because she is tired. But because she does not want the guy to think she is despart or easy or any of the other things you women think, than you call a friend and try to think why this guy called you at the last minute to ask you out.

When all it mean was the guy had some free time unexpectly, and wanted to spend it with you.

• YES! YES IT IS!!! Whenever a guy says something, it means exactly it's definition. No hidden meanings. No subtle hints. Just cave man. That's why we never pick up on hints you girls drop. We don't speak your complex language

• So fucking true. Like how am I supposed to understand what u want unless say exactly what u want.#notfuckingpsyic

• For the most part yes I would say that a majority of guys say what we mean and mean what we say. There are times and situations where this does not happen of course. Like when some guy uses words just to get in a girls pants. I would say at least in my personal experience we mean what we say most of the time

• No, but it is true that people think males and females speak a "different language" just because they have a schlong. They really don't. Behavior patterns differ from person to person.

• To be honest I must be a bit of a girl because thanks to a accident a few years ago I get very concerned and over analyse everything now I never used to care until after that day so I think it's true but those who have suffered traumatic events and dealt with large amounts of stress are likely to overthink everything

• i talk just like i talk round here

• it´s just that women as well as men sometimes do have subtext in their language and sometimes not. you can´t know when they have and when they just talk in simple language... but i think girls tend to over analyze.

• I don't think it's true! Guys are just rough around the edges and girls are more sensitive over things in GENERAL which is just different not better or worse. :)

• Not exactly, but I think in general, men are more direct, where women sort of skim around the edges. Generally, men will say what they mean, where women will "hint" at what they mean.

• Guys talk much more direct than women and guys see women as over-reading into things, that is true.

• Yes.
    Filler.

• Brains like hearts go where they are appreciated.

• Yes, it's true.

• All a guy wants is peace and quiet, so give him a piece and he'll be quiet.

• yes. honestly. we just don't care

• Yes. Girls often tend to overcomplicate things.

• I would beg to differ that men speak with simplistic language--I dare say I'm an elocutionist.

Perhaps you mean to say that men speak in a straightforward manner. By-and-large, excepting subterfuge, men say exactly what they mean--there aren't any intended alternative interpretations or hidden messages.

Men are direct--women, indirect. Men say what they mean. Women imply what they mean. If you, as a woman, spend most of your time conversing with other women, you will be predisposed toward interpreting all conversation as being indirect.

• I agree, and there's a time and place for both forms of communication. At times it's better to be direct and straightforward however there are times when it's better to say things indirectly, nicer and with the intent to mind the others emotion.

• I'd love if they didn't involve my emotions. I prefer brutally honest then at least I respect you more and resent you less

• Yes,,, a big big YES

• Yes. (or do I mean no?) lol