Is it easier or harder for a man to get a date in his 30's as compared to in his 20's and teens?

Because I failed in my teens and failing in my 20's. I'll be 30 in almost 2 years so it's pretty bad to not have any experience with a girl. It's weird and embarrassing to be almost 28 and not even kissing a girl yet. I wonder if women become less picky as they get older or more picky. And I also wonder if women are less picky if a guy is in his 30's or more picky, depending on whether she's in her 30's or 20's.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in almost the same position as you. I'm 25 and no experience either. I keep thinking my luck will change when I'm around 28. I'm just not mature enough for a girlfriend yet anyway. I don't have my own job or my own place, I can't provide for her or anything. Maybe when I'm 28 or 30 I'll have those things and feel more confident about myself...

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so. 30 year old men are more established, and that security is attractive to women, especially the ones who are looking for a long term relationship.

• Last thing I want is a woman to be interested in me just because I'm established. That means that I'm completely worthless if I am not able to provide the financial security unlike all the guys who weren't able to in High School and undergrad/grad schools as students but still were able to receive attention. I see that as a bad thing.

• Ideally being established wouldn't be the only reason she was into you. I'm just saying it's a good quality in a 30 year old. You're attractive and in you look like you're in good shape, so you've got a lot going for you anyway.

• I understand, but I still really prefer to be able to attract a girl at least once before I'm established. I'm very confident in my future but unless I don't get a girl before that, even when I'm making money I wouldn't tell her what I do and act like an average guy. And thanks. I really appreciate that since hardly any girl ever compliments me.

• Everyone comes into their own at their own pace and time. :) I think it might be a bit easier. Personally I prefer dating guys in their late 20s than the ones that were 19-21. The ones I've dated are in that "dudebro frat" phase and want to get drunk and do things I'm just not in to.

• i think it's easier.

What Guys Said 7

• Actually, it is easier! Things that used to bother you at 20, you realize are *no big deal*.

One thing I *did* find at that age was what I called "The 20 / 40 split". That is, it seemed like the ladies my then age late 20's early 30's age were all married. So this left two options:

1. Become a teenybopper's "old man", or "sugar daddy"
    2. Become a fortysomething divorcee's "boy toy", or "Cougar cub".

Given you lack of experience overall (and I was in a similar situation at 27), go for the Cougars. They will teach you things, not just sexual either. And they are wiser.

• Im in the same boat, but my boat is 5 years older, lol! I feel as if there were girls for me, but I either never met them or let them get away. It's always something with me though.

• your fine dude. but id say less picky which helps. think of how stuck up and shallow girls are when they are 20-22.

your feeling preasure to date. so would you say you have become more picky or less picky? probably less. same for girls. youl find someone.

• Being picky has no meaning to me when it comes me being attracted to women. I'm either attracted to her or not.

• yea but you might be more likely to forgive flaws and find them attractive meaning your less picky

• If you're 28, most girls will be looking to settle down around that age

• That depends on how much effort are you putting in trying to get a girlfriend?

• Yes, because women become uglier and stop going after the hot guys. They're looking for something stable since older women's value drop off dramatically.

• I don't think it makes a difference, if you're both single and compatible there's no problem.