Im seeing a new guy and I really like him but he has a violent past?

I have been in abusive relationships before (verbally and emotionally tiny bit physical but nothing major) and i dont want it to happen again :/ im worried as the guy has a violent past and has been in a lot of fights with other guys and everytime i see him in clubs he always seems to get shot out, i also heard he stabbed an ex in the hand but it might not be true. Should i stop dating him as it is really early days and i am reconising some signs that my ex had (he iz being a bit full on with me and tried to make me commit straight away and asked me if i will see him a lot ) or should i give him a chance

Most Helpful Guy

• Stay away from this male. He is clearly bad news.
    You should also re-evaluate what it is that attracts you to a man, because it is obvious that you are going for the bad boys. All that they have to offer is an abusive relationship and welfare housing.
    Your age indicates that you are in the middle of the bad-boy phase, through which about 80 per cent of women pass. During this phase, they mistake the behaviour of the bad boy for the characteristics of an alpha male.
    This person is not an alpha male. He is a violent thug who will probably stab (therefore most likely kill) you if given sufficient time.
    His push to make you commit should tell you that he is a controlling psycho. Once he thinks that you are his 'property', your life will become a living hell.
    Watch a movie called Sleeping With The Enemy and then think about the underlying narrative.

What Guys Said 4

• He sounds a bit controlling, I would be very careful.

• no good... u might end up in troule as well if u mess wid this guy ;)

• Um, I'd avoid him if possible because you've been abused. I wouldn't take that chance.

• good luckkkkk

What Girls Said 6

• Hmmm maybe give it a chance, but the first real sign that he's abusive you need to leave with no apologies. You should tell him that you've been in abusive relationships and that if he starts acting like them then you're out. You don't have to imply that you're already worried. Just let him know about your past.

• I honestly would never be with anybody with a violent past who did not have proof of serious treatment. And even then. Protect yourself girl.

• don't do it. bad boys are hot. and "healing" a bad boy is even hotter (for some reason) but the thin is (and i don't mean to be rude but it just not said enough...) is what make you so special that you can change him? why dose he need that chance now? sorry i won't sugar coat this that's what the movies do all the time.

• nooooo! dont date him. if he has the nerve to STAB A WOMAN its a big no. and if he's bad enough that people make rumors about him. again big no. take the safe road and prevent it from happening again.

good luck!!!

• Whoa, stop dating him now before it's too late.

• really just stay away.