Being a non practicing muslim on a dating site, do you want be warned that I'm muslim even if I don't practice?

I'm a white muslim woman. I don't practice the religion but lots of people have a phobia from muslims. would like me to tell you in advance while chatting that I'm a muslin when the opportunity comes?
I don't practice , I'm even on the agonist /atheist side.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not here to date, but to me it would make no more difference than if you said you were Baptist or Catholic. I don't give a shit about atheist, either.

What Guys Said 9

• what do you mean by "not practicing Muslim"? I never get it, you either a Muslim or not.

• what religion is your family? do you practice their religion?
      my family is muslim, I don't practice, I don't believe in god, got it buddy?

• Bhahahaha you don't believe in God and you still consider yourself a Muslim? Joke of the century.

• No need for it. If you practiced it then yes, but evem if you were from another religion, since I'm not religious and I wanna know what type of person I'll be talking/dating with.
    I don't really like muslim culture, I don't hate, I just don't have anything in common, so if you were to practice it we may have to many differences that wouldn't allow us to be compatible, but since you don't believe you don't have to mention it.

• well I don't like any religious culture too but some people might feel uncomfortable if they know later and might not say anything about it because they like me. on a first date , the guy actually asked what my religion is, i was so glad he asked and he was ok with it

• Well yeah, some people won't be comfortable even if you don't practice it, but do you wanna be with someone that doesn't like something you don't even practice? It can be an issue when being with your family, but a great guy will not lose the opportunity of being with the perfect girl for him, just because he had some differences with her family.

• u r just a "lightweight" muslim then i guess :)

• If you don't practice it then you're not really a Muslim so I don't know why you would tell people about it

• that makes no sense.

I'm a firefighter but I don't practice it.

I'm a piano player but I don't play piano.

I'm I like to apples but I won't eat apples.

• I'm an atheist, I don't believe in god or in any other religion but half my family practices the religion and wear the traditional islamic clothing and they invite me to their religious events , got it man?

• I don't want to get into a debate. But that's still a big train wreck.

• I don't think it should matter what you are if you wanna tell people then go ahead but if that's what there going to judge you on then screw em lol

• I'd be fine with it. If you want to, if you consider it part of your identity, go ahead and let people know. If you want to keep that private and let it come out when it's ready to, that's fine too.

• i guess it's ok to leave it until the time comes

• I was seeing a nonpracticing muslim for a long time. Online relationship. She cut contact recently. Been having a hard time getting over it. I'd be open to it again in the future, though - I find it easier to get along with a muslim with these attitudes than a "you're-going-to-hell-unless-you-believe-EXACTLY-as-I-do" fellow Christian.

• In my opinion Muslims shouldn't be allowed on dating sites

• I'd like to know if you plan to blow yourself up at least.

• not any time soon !
      idiot!

• but i carry tiny bumbs in my purse.. again you idiot

What Girls Said 7

• If you're not a practicing Muslim and are rather antagonist or aethiest- I suggest you don't identify with Islam then, because that means you aren't a Muslim. Plus, that will deal with your whole dating-site dilemma.

• but parts of my family practices the religion so if i get serious with the person im dating he's gonna meet those people at certain family events

• That has nothing to do with your beliefs. It shouldn't be a big deal meeting your family now and then. You can't change their outlook neither can you cut off your ties with them over religion. Ofcourse that all depends on how Islamophobic the guy you like is and if he's worth giving up (seemingly) large parts of your identity over.

The religion of your family members shouldn't affect your relationships so that's a non-issue. You could tell him about it if you really feel the need to, level headed people wouldn't have a problem either way.

• Do Muslims get 'baptized' or something and have to pay a 'yearly mosque fee' that you feel you're a non practicing Muslim?

• i dont believe in god

• one of the dumbest anons ever

• Nah its not a big deal

• If you don't practice the religion, then you're not Muslim lmfao.

• do you go to church? does your family go to church? so if you dont I guess that means you re nothing?

• My family forced me to go to the mosque as a child but that didn't make me a Muslim. Your family's beliefs are not YOUR beliefs.

• So what exactly makes you a Muslim if you don't practice the religion? Sorry, I'm just curious
    God that whole thing sounded rude, I really want to know though D:

• no i dont think so.