What do you think about dating coworkers?

What if it's just a friends with benefits situation?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• from my last 2 jobs, i crushed on a guy that worked there and it didn't turn out so well... turned out to be so awkward... i say keep work strictly professional.

• Good opinion. I think it's mostly my hormones wanting me toake bad decisions.

• its not worth it... you're not gonna be focused on work, you're gonna think about her and have expectations and if it doesn't work out, you're gonna keep your distance from her and everyone at work will notice and itll be awkward for everyone. i regret liking those guys from my jobs.

• Yeah. But can I still flirt with her and not make any real advances?

• It's usually not a good idea.

• I've worked with people in the past who dated each other. There was more issue with them not doing work while dating than there was when they broke up.

• It would be impossible not to focus on work at my job

• A big NO, in my opinion

• Why is that?

• Cause it will get in the way. It can creates awkwardness after you break up with them.
      I dated a coworker once. Didn't go down well with him after I broke up with him.
      After few months, I got a new job. I gad a crush on a team leader. I know very well that he likes me too, he asked me out on a date. But I didn't go out with him.. I don't wanna take any risk

• Good points

• It's fine, but don't let it disrupt your actual work

• a huge mistake

• Not a matter of life and death, man.
    Do what you want.

What Guys Said 10

• It could be a problem if your both making the same wage someone has to be a leader

• Oh I'm always the leader. In everything. Even when I don't want to be.

• I feel like I just got a weight lifted from my chest. Thanks man

• I am glad I could be here for you my friend

• I would date a coworker if I liked her but I'd rather date someone who I don't work. Tbh, if she was really attractive I'd be friends with benefits with a coworker but I think it would be awkward seeing her everyday at work

• Thanks for the advice

• If pursuing her feels right then you should do it and if it doesn't then you shouldn't. I wouldn't make the decision based on what others think

• Thanks. I just don't want drama so I probably won't

• No and hell no!
    Any display of interest in a female co-worker can result in a sexual harassment complaint, which is nearly always career ending for a male. We are charged, convicted and condemned without evidence. That we are male is sufficient for our guilt to be assumed by the misandrist feminist harpies who run the HR departments of companies.
    Hence, any interaction at all with female co-workers is fraught with danger. Any display of interest is suicidal.
    Confine all interaction and communication with females to work matters and even then always have a witness.

• Hmm thanks for this. Sometimes I don't think with the right head.

• I have taken that risk and dated a coworker before... NEVER will I do that again. Take it from someone with experience it's not worth it whatsoever.

• What happened?

• Think about when a breakup or an argument happens... that tension carries over to both of your jobs and then it becomes the business of your boss not to mention your co-workers business as well

• Good points

• i'd not date a coworker

• Dangerous territory

• Asking for trouble. You're stuck in close proximity to yhem if things go south.

• Hmm thanks for your insight. I agree with this

• Never ever is that a good idea

• i wouldn't, speaking from past experience. unless you change your job if you break up

• Good explanation. I agree to a point. But I wouldn't give up my job over any girl

• Never experienced that, but seems others think it is dangerous.