I push guys away that I really like. What to do?

I've been hurt in the past, mostly by guys I really like. If i'm only sorta interested in a guy I'll text him back quicker and be more willing to keep talking/hanging out with them longer. If it's a guy I really like or if I start to eventually really like a guy, I push them away. I'll start to get a feeling in the pit of my stomache that tell me to run. So the guy that I really like gets confused and sometimes walks away when I act disintereted at that point. Or I end up hurting him. Sometimes it feels better if they just walk away or if I hurt him first. I know this sounds messed up and I have no bad intentions or ill will towards these guys. However I feel like it's my only defense mechanism. I'm afraid one day if I don't open up to the right guy or keep shutting them down then i'll end up with just a guy I don't like or end up alone forever. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• How about for once you catch yourself before you push the guy away to accept whatever he offers. But it usually all comes in from the mindset first.
    If you decide not to self improve on that then you will get what you said in the end. You must change your mindset about that.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe u cannot realise which guys like u and which guys don't? :)

What Girls Said 1

• you should see a counselor.