How can I work on my self esteem?

My self esteem is very low. It's been like that since middle school and it's been hurting my chances of finding a girl. Everytime I see a girl I like I always stay away from them because I don't think I am good enough.

Most Helpful Guy

• Make yourself better. Learn new things, go new places, have a healthy diet. Don't focus too much on what girls like, that will take care of itself if you make yourself better!

What Girls Said 3

• try not to dwell on emotions and keep it real. There are many people in this world, many would want you, that's a fact. The hard part is to find a person that you want back too. Know that even in your f up version someone would still want you. Know that you are enough and that you were/are always enough, there is nothing really that makes a person not enough anyway; it's just the way you feel about yorself or how other made you feel. Keep repeating positive affirmations to yourself, it will change the way you feel about yourself. Know that just cause you were not matching with some people doesn't make you less... you guys just probably do not fit together... in a long run, you wouldn't be happy with that person anyway... Know that just cause you got an F doesn't mean you're stupid, same as being rejected doesn't mean you are undesirable

• do you have any friends which are girls? and also have you ever tried to talk to girls you are interested in?

• I do have female friends and I have tried to talk to some of the girls I liked, but most of them rejected me.

• I've been bullied in the past about my looks by girls and that fucked me up. So I don't know if I ever will tbh sigh

• bullies are retard!!

• Bullied about your looks? You're good looking though._.
    You need to love yourself first in order to love someone else

• Yeah this one girl did not let me date her friend because she thought I wasn't "cute" for her.

• Then forget about her and ask that friend herself for her opinion

Remember even if it's a no. Everyone has their preferences, and that preference is not the same for everyone.
      Don't worry too much about it, you'll find someone, I'm sure of it

What Guys Said 4

• You look in the mirror and you're like "This is me, I'm awesome af"
    Finish tasks and feel accomplished
    Workout and feel healthy and accomplished
    reach some goals to feel good about you

And of course, talk to women, like for example on here. These don't bite

• Volunteer, serve others, become religious might do the trick. Serving others really helps lift me up and out of tough times. There's no better way to truly feel better about yourself than by helping others in need.

• im guessing you're in like college or something I don't know so basically does stuff matter? are you going to know the people around you in x amount of years? if so, that could be a problem, if not then don't worry about it. everyones more I don't know like comfortable at places where they know no one, unless obviously its in a room. just ask yourself does this stuff matter, you can become more confident, then you'll become happier

trust me 14 year old help is where it is at

• Hey, go up to a cute girl and say "Hi, I'm really nervous and shy, but how are you?" and watch them laugh affectionately