Breaking hearts vs. Getting your heart broken. Which is worse?

For those of us who have been "lucky" enough to get your heart broken but have also had to turn someone down... Which is worse really? Being on both ends, personally I really can't tell.

Most Helpful Girl

• Breaking hearts breaks my heart :(
    But honestly disappointing someone is worse. I can handle when my heart gets stumped on but I hate when I make someone feel shitty like that.
    Then I don't know what to do either, you just fuck someone up and at the same time you fucked yourself up because you had to abandon a person that meant a lot to you.

What Girls Said 7

• Broken heart sucks worse. Once you get enough experience, you don't really break hearts anymore. You politely explain that you don't fit each others' needs, aren't a good match, or you aren't feeling the love connection and people usually respond well, hence no broken anything.

• both are equally bad i've been heart broken before

• Breaking someone else's heart is worse.

• Two totally different feelings

• Both are equally worse

• Both are horrible.

• I find it both as worse

What Guys Said 10

• Having your heart broken is worse. In fact, the medical field is starting to diagnose heartbreak as an actual injury. Pain killers are sometimes prescribed to make blood thinner, causing it to flow easier in and out of a heart that has been "broken".
    Turning someone down sucks, there's no fun in it and you feel bad. However, being turned down, or being hurt by someone you trusted is WAY worse.

• I've never broken someone elses heart before, but I've had mine broken countless times. I guess I'll have to go with the only one I've experienced.

• They're both awful..

Breaking someone else's heart, though, I think that stays with you longer.

• From experience breaking others may not feel so bad (it still is) but having yours broken will always feel worse unless you truly love the other person.

• Breaking hearts is always worse. I'd rather be hurt than to hurt people - I've been like this for a very long time.

• Really both are just as bad as the other. But i feel like having your heart broke hurts worse

• I don't think I ever meant that much to anybody to break a heart but I had mine broken quite a few times.

• I don't know.

My heart has never really been broken, but I guess you could say I've broken a few.

And I've never been in a relationship...

• Hearts are fragile things. You don't have to be a bad person to break someones heart. I can't control what others feel about me, so I can't stop thier hearts from breaking.

• I like playing with a woman's emotions... so breaking hearts!