Guys, is it his subtle way of saying he's not interested?

I've been dating a guy a few months. When he first asked me on a date I said no then he asked me again and I said yes but had to reschedule due to double booking, finally we met and have been dating since. After our first date he told me he feels really lucky to have got a date with me and he was so surprised I followed through with it. he's had a cold last weekend and kept telling me I can't see him like this And he didn't want to make me sick. I asked if he'd like me to come over and help look after him and he said he'd love to but doesn't want to make me sick even though he went to the footy that day. He has still been messaging every day but hasn't asked to see me despite him saying he's starting to feel a bit better. He said he misses me but wouldn't he want to see me? I messaged him today saying "have a good day at work, hope to see you soon x" he replied with "You will :) im just waiting until I'm 100%, im still coughing up yuckies.. Haha:( hope that doesn't gross you out." Its not that I don't believe he's sick it's just that in a previous toxic relationship my guy at the time never meant what he said so I can't help that this situation makes me a bit anxious despite them being nothing a like. Is he losing interest despite what he's saying? Why wouldn't he want to see me even though he's back at work and the gym? I only ask just because my anxiety is telling me other wise

4

Most Helpful Guy

• People vary tremendously on the subject of their behavior when sick. Some guys do that thing of acting childish and wanting a woman to take care of them like mommy did. Some try to minimize their illness and act macho. Some don't want their woman to see them when they are less than 100%. By itself, this behavior from your guy doesn't strongly suggest that he has lost interest. If he is on the mend and this was an upper respiratory infection, he will obviously be better within the next week, so you could call and suggest scheduling a date a week from now. I don't know how far you two have gone with your relationship but, if it is comfortable, you might suggest going away together for the weekend to make up for lost time.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, you're just over thinking this.

• He's just sick. Chill.

• nope he's just sick I think he wants to have a long relationship and loves you a lot.