Girls, should I bring her a flower on our first date?

Eight years ago, I was single and dating with internet sites like match and plenty of fish. When I met a lady for the first time, I would bring her a single yellow rose in a vase. The yellow rose symbolizes friendship. Of course, most of these dates did not result in a long term relationship. A male friend of mine thought that it was a corny, stupid thing to do and I was probably scaring women away. No woman ever told me that it was an "over the top" thing to do but I assume most women would be polite about it even if they thought it was stupid or scary. I am again single and have started internet dating and I am wondering if I should resume this practice. So. .. please vote and tell me what you think.

• YES, it is a very gentlemanly and endearing thing to do
    68% (23)
  • YES, but it may not mean too much to most women
    21% (7)
  • NO, it's a stupid, pathetic thing to do
    6% (2)
  • NO, it's a scary thing to do
    5% (2)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I think it's sweet. I don't think many people speak Flower, nowadays, but the sentiment -that even if a romance never blossoms, a friendship is nice -is lovely. The vase seems a bit much, though -what does she do with it if you're not meeting at her place? Even a small one is awkward to carry around -and that's without a flower in it. I'd advise checking first to see if she has allergies -the sort of woman who'd give a date a second chance if he gave her breathing problems (even accidentally) is rare.

What Girls Said 9

• Would creep me out.. Not for first date. Second or third, yes.

• If the lady is in your age range, she may appreciate it. MAYBE. Save your time/money on buying flowers for a 3rd date with the same lady. I'd be a little freaked out if someone brought me flowers on a first date but there's a generational gap between you and I and my generation just doesn't do that kind of stuff. I had a guy years ago send me flowers after a first date (to my work!) and I was mortified and told him "bye" because it implicated he was way more serious about things than I was. Plus he stared at my tits the entire time we were at dinner, and I called him out on it, but, I digress...

• I'm EXTREMELY allergic to flowers. Unless you want to kill me, that's a terrible gesture.

• I picked A. I would lose the vase though and replace the flower to a bouquet of flowers.

• Yes yes yes! We love flowers

• If you want to then do it, most women love receiving flowers on a date :)

• its so romantic yes do it

• I SUGGEST A ROSE

• Not a fan of flowers. So no...