Are non white guys screwed?

it seems that girls only like white or light skin guys it sucks cause I'm dark skinned and it seems girls only go for fair guys while I see guys go for either one and all in between

I have been told by white, Asian, latina, indian etc that they are only into white guys

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you may be falling for a psychological trick our brains can play on us. These affect everyone, regardless of intelligence, and are usually the result of our brain taking shortcuts and looking for patterns. In this case I would guess that you are experiencing the result of confirmation bias. Basically, once an idea takes hold in your mind, you can subconsciously interpret events to fit that view.

An example for the idea you mention, is that when you see a girl with a white guy, your brain adds that to the evidence behind your theory. But when you see a dark-skinned guy with a girl, your mind tosses that away as a rare exception to the rule. This is hard to notice, as it goes on in the background rather than as a conscious train of thought (meaning you can't fight it with logical consideration).

Another way this can manifest, is through a third factor variable. In this type of situation, an unknown factor could be affecting a situation in a way that makes two factors look connected.

An example: where I live, white people are the majority by a decent margin. With that known, let's look at a scenario. In a room with 10 guys in it, a representative ratio would be 8 white and 2 dark. If half of each set had girlfriends, you would see 4 white guys with girls but only 1 dark guy. Without knowing the population ratios, it would be easy to interpret the situation as showing that white guys are more successful with girls.

I don't think you are screwed. If you don't lose hope, and you play to your strengths, I think you might just find the right girl. And then you might get screwed. ;)

• I live in TX and TX is mostly hispanic but girls still want white or VERY white looking hispanic, nice try but girls like fair skin

• Hahaha, maybe in your neighborhood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas
      "As of the 2010 US Census,... Hispanics (of any race) were 37.6% of the population of the state."

Where I grew up in New Zealand, the Maori boys (and other pacific islanders) who could play rugby were swatting the girls away like flies. I guess it's different all over.

What Girls Said 9

• what? no... #generalisation116

what you've experienced isn't the way the rest of the world runs. you're one person in one city in one state in one country on one planet in the solar system within many galaxies in the universe.

• No. Lots of girls like dark skinned guys.

• LOL Right LOL

• No, that's just the way you interpreted it.

• Hey @joe123m, you seriously asked for people's opinions so you could say "LOL Right LOL" when they take the time to respond?

• Be interested in better, less racist people.

• not all girls are into white guys.. can't generalize it

• Most are not all but the majority but the sad part is that white guys are stuck up and picky and yet girls still want them

• People ought to be picky when selecting their significant others. I'd never date a rude white guy. I'd never date a hostile, generalizing, and insecure non-white guy either.

• "I'd never date a hostile, generalizing, and insecure non-white guy either."

But I bet you would date a hostile, generalizing, and insecure WHITE guy lol Like when I hear non white girls say they won't date a short guy but they would a short WHITE guy lol

• No... but how do you know they haven't contracted some form of stds?

• Don't generalize though... I've dated 'non white' guys before
    there are actually guys who think the exact opposite, you know?

Some are into white, some Asian, latina, whatever it differs from person to person

• It's mostly white guys and girls general that are racist when it comes to dating while non white guys seem more open on average, now I mean on average not ALL girls but most are picky when it comes to race

• White guys and girls of all races are racist towards non white guys, we ALL know that latin American women want to "whiten" their offspring and white women also want to keep their whiteness, what bothers me it that fact that many girls lie and just aren't honest this PC way of thinking is actually more harmful

• o. o I never thought to myself 'I want my child to be whiter' xD

• Not every single girl is like that -_- just keep trying. Ugh.

• I like hispanic guys but thats about it. I don't find attract in middle eastern guys

• You know, I saw a question from a white guy asking why girls only like non-white guys. I think you're all just plain confused.

• LOL He must be trolling or maybe girls don't know what they want maybe they want girls too?

• I'd say girls don't know what they want... I'm still lost. Life is hard. Lol

• I feel like the older you get and the more people you meet, the more you find that nobody knows what they are doing. I think stumbling through life trying hopelessly to figure it all out is the beauty of the human condition.

What Guys Said 6

• No lol, we're not screwed. What matters most when it comes to women are the words that come out of your mouth. What you look like is often a secondary factor. Practise your game, and you'll have the most important part of attracting women down.

• Bro it isn't about skin color, it's about personality.

• get yourself checked out because you might be a moron

• You know, I've noticed that. Not one woman on the planet is married to a black dude.

Man up and compete, bubba. Life ain't nursery school.

• lol that's a myth
    I'm Brazilian, and I've met some girls being into me, I'm not white, just tanned skin

• Just deal with it!

• What white way? Like shooting up a mall cause girls don't like me?