Why is my date getting upset because I can't meet during the weekend?

I went on a date yesterday and everything went well. We decided that we would meet again at some point. The guy texted me after our date to say he had a good time and we texted back and forth for a couple of hours. This morning he sent me a good morning text and we texted again. He asked when he could see me again and I said that I was busy this weekend as I was meeting friends, but offered to meet on Monday. He got upset about it, saying he would love to see me earlier and asked if couldn't change my mind. Eventually he accepted it. Why is he getting so upset about the fact that I already have plans for the weekend? This would be our 2nd date by the way

Most Helpful Girl

• He really misses u?

What Guys Said 5

• To be honest, he sounds arrogant and selfish. He's upset because it didn't go HIS way. I would see this as a "red flag" already.

You already had plans with your friends, so he should respect that. I know one of my biggest pet peeves is when my friends make plans with me and cancel because they decided to do something else.

• I think he might have insecurity issues too. He keeps texting me several times a day, a good morning text and a goodnight one.

• @Asker That's either a sign of insecurity OR controlling behavior. He seems to be obsessed with you already.

• After a long week, getting to see the person you're into is very nice, it gives you something to look forward to.

Dates after work on a weekday aren't nearly as good since you've just had a long day and are tired or stressed out; as opposed to a weekend date where you are more rested and have more time (you don't have to rush home early to get a good night's sleep)

You already had plans, though, so that's him being a bit unreasonable. It could be that, like me, he's gone out with girls who were really into him when they were together - but it was almost impossible to get together since she never had time for him. Way too early in your situation for that kind of problem but he might be worried that's how it's going to go.

• cause impatient

• Was this the frst time u cancelled?

• I didn't cancel anything. He was trying to arrange our second date but I told him he would have to wait until Monday which upset him.

• maybe he had a special plan for you and you ruined it.

But isn't it a good thing that he's upset.

It would be awkward for him to be happy. then you'd come on here questioning why he was happy.

• Hahaha true I guess 😂

What Girls Said 4

• He was being clingy and whiny from the sounds of it.

• Weird guy. You have a life... He doesn't have any right to demand anything from you.
    I imagine he is the type that likes to feel like a woman's world. Or he is just insecure and thought you are not as interested as him.

• He probably wanted to show you off to his friends.

• i think so.