Girls, Recently divorced and have gotten involved with an 18 yo. I'm 36 is it wrong?

I never had any intention of getting involved with someone half my age. I like her though, we have fun etc. Is it wrong to keep going?

Have discussed NY situation at great length. I think I really like her though. Have explained that it is possible I'm having confused feelings etc.

18

Most Helpful Girl

• if you guys are happy together.. then go for it !!! she's an adult after all

What Girls Said 17

• You're recently divorced.

Are u running to the first person that shows u attention in that way? Or do u genuinely like her?

Regardless you can't expect life long commitment from someone who just graduated high school

• Asker, you're confused which isn't a good sign.
      You just went through a heavy divorce.
      I think you need to take a time out for yourself to sort out your feelings.
      let yourself go through whatever it is you need to go through.
      Do not rush into something you clearly aren't ready for.
      you are going through a hard time.
      if you like this girl enough.. let her go.
      if you were to be together she deserves you at your best and right now you aren't that.

• I don't really feel confused I just know it is a possibility. I have told her that and that I wanted to go slow and see. As I don't want to hurt her. She seems not real interested in my attempt to wait though

• Well then let her go. It's not fair to her to wait until you're not confused anymore. You need to be sure about what u want. I don't think u r quite sure even though u like her

• You asked the question, I'm pretty sure you already know what the right answer is for you. That being said:

You already have young children... if in say 10-15 years the two of you are still together and she decides she wants to have the experience of giving birth are you prepared to do diaper duty again? Or are you going to be at the stage in your life where want more independence?

The other thing, I mean you no disrespect, is WHY is an 18 year old girl interested in a 36 year old man? Does she want a daddy? Is her self esteem so low that you opening a door for her makes her feel like a princess? Is she hoping for a little "suger" before the daddy? Girls at that age are normally out partying and having fun with their friends, I'll about guarantee any "gift" you might get her, dinner out etc is the topic of discussion with the girls because the guys that age can't afford to so lavishly dote on them. If you don't mind being a meal ticket for the trophy on your arm it's all good.

I don't believe she has enough life experience to be able to engage you seriously for any length of time and you being recently divorced are going through something else all together where you need to feel sexy and important. Stranger things have happened, maybe the two of you will be the exception to the rule.

• Nah. It's legal and that's all that matters.

• Kinda... I mean she could be your daughter. O. o

• While fun right now, the age gap will make itself very apparent, sooner than later. Just have fun, nothing wrong with it, she's legal and consenting. You'd probably be better suited for someone in mid-20s, though. in my opinion.

• Nope not if you're happy. Also it's legal.

• I'm happy she is happy. I'm actually not confused but think I should be... Never saw something like this happening. We have fun together, sex is amazing. My kids love her 2 and 5 , however I keep it from them that we have any relationship at this point. My marriage was really over a long time ago , my wife felt the need yo have a couple boyfriends at a time on the side. I tried to stay with her for the kids, but she didn't change...

• Nah, it's legal, and legal means 'it's allowed' and what allowed is, is also ok! Don't worry man; but if you were asking 'is it weird', then kinda yes, but what ever floats your boat! :D

• Do you know if she knows what she's getting into, with you?

• Well she's an adult so no, it's not wrong. But if you are using her as a rebound then yes, it is.

• She's somewhat legal. If she was 16 i would see a problem but age is just a number.

• Dude... Daddy issues much
    Personally I think it's gross
    But you're both legal so as long as you're both happy with it that's all that matters

• Rebounds are generally weird.

• Well, she is an adult legally since she's 18 and a lot of people say that's a way too big of an age difference but it depends on how you guys are with each other. It would be different if she was under 18. Especially cuz you're a minor when you're under 18 and sex is not allowed then. So you can date at any age and with that age gap it just depends. And if you wanted to be sexual then you can now

• I didn't respond to the divorce part. It's not good or a good idea to get into another relationship when you're just divorced or just broke up. You need to have some time to yourself and be single before trying to get with someone else

• This is totally wrong, inappropriate and unacceptable. You're taking advantage of her youth, naivety and beauty.

• Is this a comfort thing for you? Divorce means rejection by both parties involved and dissolution of the foundation that was once your lives. Does this girl provide the "fun" that you need following a harrowing event? If you both enjoy and want it to continue, then go for it.

• its wrong man...

• No, it is not. Just pound the young girl while you still can.