How come girls in their 20`s don`t date younger but women in their 30`s and above don`t have a problem with that?

can you explain why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well women in their 20's can't date too much younger, legally at least. However, with that caveat aside, here is my theory on this.

Young women in their 20's are gold-diggers for the most part. I think must of us know right now there is a strong correlation with youth and poverty (it's a fact.) So, they date older men because they are more likely to be wealthy and these older men can spoil them. Hence, the several famous people I can think of, Hugh Hefner being the most obvious and extreme example.

When women are in their 30's, they hit their sexual peak and are not as desired as much. So therefore, they know younger guys have the ultimate sexual peak and they know they can get sex from them. Plus, they go into "desperation mode" because they know they're biological "clock" is running out.

This is the best theory I can come up with. I've noticed the same thing.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm 21, and I'm boyfriend is 19. He will be 20 in September. I will be 22 in June. So I guess your question doesn't apply to all women. However, when I was younger I ended up dating a 30 year old. To me he was more appealing than younger guys because a lot of young men don't like to settle down. This older man already had his life figured out for the most part and was more than ready to settle down. However, I learned quickly that I could no longer date this older man on the simple fact that he was way ahead of me. Everything I did or wanted to do was frowned upon because he thought that since he was older that he knew more than I did about life. Which maybe he did. But he put my dreams on hold. So I started dating my boyfriend and have been with him for 4 years. We help each other by supporting each other. We grow together career wise. Make our dreams possible. And support each other. I believe it is easier with him than it every was with this older man who knew everythingggg.

• sounds like your 30 yr old boyfriend didn`t respect you

• He respected me in every other aspect except what I wanted to do with my life. I have always wanted to go to school for a sociology degree and pursue a career in counseling or social service work, while writing books on the side as a hobby. He thought the career path would be too much for me. Since I started dating my now boyfriend, I have started college for my sociology degree, have a full time job as a Assistant Real Estate Agent AND have already finished 7 novels. I have also submitted one novel to a publishing company. My boyfriend is more supportive then this older man ever thought of being and it has helped me in the long run.

• If a female in her 30's is dating a guy in his 20s most likely she's not going to consider him boyfriend material. She's probably just having fun because if she's still single in her 30s she's probably had bad relationships or just getting back out in the dating scene and is just trying to have carefree fun. I personally am 30 years old and after multiple bad experiences went ahead and accepted dates from younger men. I let them know that I'm not looking for anything serious. There is no pressure for me and I get to have fun going out with guys without the stress of does he like me, is he the one. And they realize they don't need to play games because they already know what it is so now there is a honest, chill situationship and we can enjoy each others company without the stress.

• I don't have an issue with dating a guy that's younger. Guys my age never seem to be interested lol. They're always younger by a few years or older by a few years.

• I don't know. But older guys seem to be more into me than guys my age and I, personally, find them more attractive (personality wise). They are more like men and not boys. I know I must be generalizing here, but I fins this to be mostly true.

• I am dating a 26 year old guy. i guess a 5 year age gap is the perfect interval

• Because women in their twenties are looking for someone to take care of them hint older guys women in their thirties don't need an older guy to take care of them they can take care of them selves so therefore they don't mind dating younger men

• Because in your 20's 'younger' means teenagers :p

• the girl could be 26 and the guy 21 :p

• My boyfriends 19 and I'm 20 lol he's younger than me by 3 months.

• because the guys that I know that are younger than me are really immature

• I am 20 dating an 18 year old? That count?

• you tell me Im terrible with numbers

• so how big is that gap?

• Probably because all the decent guys are taken and then all we're left with are younger guys or leftover trash.

What Guys Said 7

• Older women stop caring about what people think so much, young girls are obsessed with what other people think and let them decide what they should be like. The irony of this is of course that "what other people think" is still a construct within their own heads: "I am what I think other people think I am"

• What you say is true and you are exceptional for your age if your dates happened. I was definitely not that mature at eighteen

• I think it is a maturity thing in general guys up to 20 are not at the same stage of their life as older people but from 21 on it kinda equates out a lot more.

• Because 18 year old boys are boys, not men.

• wot do u mean bro? younger guys?

• Because teenage guys are the worst no joke.

• Except when I was 18 I was dating a 27 year old and when i was 19 I was with a 34 year old hahaha

• Because going under twenty you're looking at a teenager.

• I think it's because women become more sexual as they age, and they get more interested in guys' bodies and pure sexual performance. The older women I've been with have been a lot more into muscle than the younger women, and they've been into almost dick worship. They're just more primal, and they love that young guys have harder bodies and the ability to perform longer and harder than most older guys.

• they peak in sexual desires as they near menopause