Why are tall woman/short man couples not accepted as much?

My friends and people I know think me having a shorter boyfriend is weird, I honestly couldn't be happier though. We connect with our personalities. So it really baffles me why these couples are often looked down upon, why is it like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahahha i like those couples actually :)

What Guys Said 2

• People grow accustomed to what they see in real life, and since the majority of couples features the man being taller then the woman, it make sense that some people will be put off at something that goes against that norm. I mean thats one of the reasons that interracial and homosexual relationships are still looked down upon. They go against with what society is used to.

• I don't necessarily think that tall woman/short man couples are not accepted, it's just that they are so rare, when you see them in public, you can't help but to stare. Let's face it, it is a little odd. This isn't a bad thing but it doesn't happen a whole lot either. However, if you guys are happy, that's all that should matter.

What Girls Said 2

• because it is considered masculine to be tall and feminine to be short

• My boyfriend seems masculine to me.

• I never said he wasn't I just mean that is what society says

• I guess people think it is weird for the girl to be taller. Because most girls and guys think the girl is suppose to be shorter.