Dating an ex's friend?

Me and my ex have been broken up for three and a half years. I broke up with him yet we've remained friends over the years. I want to date his friend (friend of a year or so). Me and his friend kissed a few days ago, he found out, and told his friend not to talk to me. It's been three and a half years, should this still be an issue?

What Guys Said 2

• If it was like 3 months, then yes. However 3 years, he has no real right in my opinion. If you and his friend have feelings for each other, your ex needs to toughen up a tad and accept it. I can understand him being mad or so but from what I get, this new guy you like had no prior knowledge of you and him being together before.

None the less though, if he makes you happy and vice versa, in the end that's what matters.

• It's just "guy code". Just something friends shouldn't do. Do I agree 100% with it? No. But I do respect it with my friends. My ex slept with my former roommate and I ended up putting him in the hospital. I still love the girl, he knows it, and I just lost it. Right? No. Impulse? Yes. Granted, it's only been 6 months. If it were 3 years and I was emotionally moved on, I wouldn't care.

• It's called "No sex with your bro's EX " xD .. If a close friend of mine made out with a girl, and he isn't okay with the idea of me dating her, then I shall never do that.

What Girls Said 0