Did you go to Prom?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did took my girl to the prom and that night we had sex under the stars literally haha

What Guys Said 34

• No, I didn't go to Prom. I have a depressing Prom story really (and I didn't even go to Prom.)

Here it goes... basically, it was late April (Prom wasn't until late May at my high school) and I was actually trying to find a Prom date. The only reason I wanted to get to Prom was to lose my virginity that night (just being honest here.) So I was at lunch, eating alone (because my only friend at lunch was absent that day) and this girl came up and talked to me. She flirted, I flirted and we instantly connected. She asked me if I was single, so I blurted out "Yes, will you go to Prom with me"? and she said "of course." After that day, I gave it some thought: How ODD that was. That doesn't just happen and I was already suspicious of the girl.

So anyway, it's roughly two weeks before Prom and she texts me saying she has wants to tell me something about Prom. Since I had bought NOTHING yet, I was anxious because Prom was coming up... and when I get to school that day (she texted me in the morning), she was standing with this guy. The guy she was standing with was an enemy of mine, and we hated each other. I was confused and he tells me she was his girlfriend and they were playing a prank on me (and I had never even seen her prior to our lunch conversation.) They laughed and he told me it was "karma" on my side.

Needless to say, I didn't go to Prom that year. My few friends didn't want to go and I just worked that day and stayed up all night watching TV (when I should have been at Prom.)

• Aw I have been used before too. Meant to upvote

• @PersonalityType I understand why, it's ok. I can see how that would have been such a traumatic experience, you wouldn't want to talk about it.

• Nope. Me and some buddies who couldn't afford rode around in my friend who did gos limo for a bit. Then we went in to an arcade played on go carts then walked to go get a little ceasar pizza. Fun time.
    I don't regret missing prom per say...
    But I do regret not asking my at the time best friend to prom (I actually could afford our tickets) she went to another school and I was working up the guts to ask her, but my friend discouraged me said she had her own friends and she wouldn't really want to go and if she did she'd be miserable... I later found out I hurt her pretty bad by not asking.

• Yeah. The ceremony was the most disappointing thing ever, but at the same time funny af xD
    Later the party wasn't too bad, the music sucked, but we had free drinks all night, so once you got drunk everything turned out looking awesome haha

I actually enjoyed it, to be honest, even though it wasn't the best thing ever.

• Haha. I went to an all boys, Catholic high school. We had prom and another very formal dance, but I never went. Wasn't my thing back then. Now, in college, I go to different dances every now and then.

• Nope.
    Graduated from a single gender highschool.
    It's all dudes.

• I did not go to my school prom.

I did go to prom at my girlfriend's school.

• 3 times because my school opened with freshman and sophomores when I was a freshman. So we had one sophomore/junior and two junior/senior proms for my class

• No not me...

• Nah

,,,,,

• Nope, I wasn't allowed to cause I wasn't a very good student.

• I went to prom with my high school girlfriend

• Nope, due to special circumstances.

• Yeah I did with my highschool girlfriend

• I went to prom twice. :-)
    The first one was boring, I went home early. The second one seemed more better, but the dance was tiring for me.

We were forced to dance in both proms. :-/

• No. My so called father was a real selfish cheap ass asshole. So I didn't even see a point to ask anyone.

• No I did not.

• Yes. I had a 50/50 experience, but I had no date, and it felt kind of awkward so there is my two cents on this. :(.

• 4 times
    It's called Lake and Peninsula School District.
    Look it up.

• Nope too much people there

• The Prom is the most overrated cliche corny thing ever. Don't give a damn about dancing like a dumbass in front of a bunch of worthless dumbass I'll never meet again.

• No my date was not allowed to go

• nah i had better things to do

• yea like 2 years ago

• I was so fucking done with high school and everyone in it by then...

• No I was a highschool loser

• You bet I did all Fine n sat

• Yes. I didn't dance though.

• YES. BUT LETS JUST SAY I DIDN'T

• Yeah, left earlier with some friends it sucked :S

• yea it was sh^t the only good parts were eating the fruit and taking pictures with my boyz

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 25

• Yes, my Senior Year only & I loved it!! <3
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ca57ba69f4.jpg</a>

• I did not go.

• I did. Had a great time. My date looked like a young Matt Damon. My friends still refer to him as such.

• I am going to prom next month

• Yes I did. It was alright. Prom isn't the same here as it is in the US.

• No I went to a counterstrike tournament instead lol

• I did. Twice. Jr. and Sr.

• Nope 😯😢😔

• Proms are not so common here in Italy. I didn't.

• Yes and hated it. Mostly it was boring

• In Aus, we call it a Formal. I didn't go, My family couldn't afford the cost of the function tickets let a lot a nice dress and all that haha. but I went to the afterparty. :)

• No I did not.

• Nope, not my thing.

• Yes but with my girls

• I didn't have my prom yet.

• yes i did go to prom!

• Got it this year in November!! :)

• I did, but I don't think I'd have regretted it if I didn't.

• Yeah I went to my junior & senior

• yes and I loved it <3

• I went to it not a big deal just gave me an excuse to dress nice

• Yes :) I did

• In my country we don't do the Prom thing.

• Only senior prom because I didn't want to live life not knowing what prom was like. I brought my cousin lol

• Yes, I went to prom 5 times. Underclassman could go to prom if an upperclassman asked them. When I was a freshman I was asked by a junior and I went. When I was a sophomore I was asked by a senior and I went. I went as a junior and a senior. I also went to prom at a different school with a guy.