Girls, would you like it if a guy was really assertive when asking you out?

Let's say your a shy girl and you already kind of like the guy who's asking you. If a guy asked you if you were free and you said you weren't doing anything, and then he said something like "You're coming to get (lunch/coffee/whatever) with me, right now, let's go!" Do you find it cute/spontaneous, takes some pressure off since he's kind of making the decision for you? Or is it the exact opposite, too much, puts more pressure on you.

Thanks for responses. Yeah I know her quite well, we've been friends for a while, just recently started falling for her and am fairly certain she likes me too. She really is more outgoing with others but deep down she's a tad insecure; she acts especially shy around me. We're always very sarcastic/teasing with each other, it's basically the only way we interact haha

11

Most Helpful Girl

• If he does it with the right amount of playfulness and I already like him, I'd find it fun and cute. If I don't know him, it could come off pushy.

I like confident guys with a touch of arrogance though (if he can back it up) so I'm used to the guys I like taking charge. Also, I'm not shy, I'm more outgoing, so this approach, especially if I already like him, would be welcome to me. It would be the same if he asked very politely too, however. If I like him, the way he approaches isn't that important (as long as it's not horrible), just that he does.

What Girls Said 10

• Sometimes yes but if it becomes regular and I feel like I have to follow all the orders , no. It will not be cute anymore.

Re update: aww

• No, I'd think he's a jerk.

• I love a man who takes charge :)

Unless I'm out saving the world I dont see why I would turn down the guy I like

• nooo.. i dont like that. at all. hate controlling sounding guys, just politely ask

• As long as he says it with a smile on his face and not dead seriously, then it would be cool. I would probably feel abit bewildered at first and then my mind would catch on minutes or seconds later and enjoy it. :)

• If it was said in a fun way then yes
    If she's outgoing with others and shy with you I'm 99% sure she likes you

• Yes, I think being spontaneous would be great as long as you are not playing games with her and sincerely like her otherwise you will hurt her and you don't want that karma. But if you like her it would definitely take the pressure off by him taking control.

• I think it depends on the girl and how you say it. I'm a shy girl, if you said that in a sort of joking way, then it would probably work. I'm too shy to ask anyone out so you're going to have to make the first move. Just don't say it like a jerk. Smile, laugh, and be friendly.

• i dont like that.

• It would make me feel slightly uncomfortable, but in the end I'd give him a chance.