I know this seems like a very used up question but do they really? or do they just like the confidence in the douchebags?
- Yes - douchebags dominate the scene8% (3)49% (21)30% (24)Vote
- No - they just like the confidence in the douchebags bag63% (24)42% (18)52% (42)Vote
- Etc , explain please29% (11)9% (4)18% (15)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Yes, women, especially young women, go for the bad boys aka douchebags.
This is the reason for the truism "nice guys finish last". Young women want Mr Harley MacBadBoy, Iva Necktatto, oily nightclub Romeos, or some other version of the bad boy.
About age 30, after a decade and a half of being Friend Zoned and pushed aside by females in their rush to throw themselves crotch first at a conga line of bad boys, I gave up and walked away from women. I applied two of the principles of tactics that the army taught me when I was trained as an officer. 1. Fight only the battles that you can win. 2. Do not reinforce defeat.
It was only much later, when I studied neuroscience and human communication at a tertiary level, that I found out why females behaved in that way.
There are three components to females going through the bad-boy phase.
1. Brain development. Between the ages of about 15 and 25 the brains of both males and females are rewired as part of the process of sexual maturity. That is the adolescent transition from children into adults. During this rewiring neural pathways are culled, new ones are created and, as a result, the way that we think and perceive the world changes. During this phase, the young female mistakes the character traits of an arsehole with those of a true alpha male. She becomes confused. It is as simple as that.
2. Self-esteem. Each of us will choose whatever it is in life that our level of self-esteem leads us to believe that we deserve. This includes romantic/sexual partners. If a girl has poor self esteem, she will choose the abusive bottom-feeding arsehole to match.
3. Hollyweird. From the day that they are born, females are subjected to a comprehensive mindfuck of Pavlovian conditioning by Hollywood and Madison Avenue. Think of just about any movie or television show that has a romantic interest in it. The male character will be the brooding angst-ridden bad boy from the wrong side of town, who romances the girl from a good family who can see his heart of gold. That is a narrative that can be traced back to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, perhaps further back in literary history. This narrative is at odds with reality, but it appeals to a confused and conditioned young female mind.
The result of this process, from a male point of view, is that about 80 per cent (my estimate that is a result of observation) of females go through the bad-boy phase between the ages of about 15 and 25-30.
Decent young men need not apply.2