Do girls really go for the douchebags?

I know this seems like a very used up question but do they really? or do they just like the confidence in the douchebags?

• Yes - douchebags dominate the scene
  • No - they just like the confidence in the douchebags bag
  • Etc , explain please
On b I meant to only put bag once. ignore the second bag
I honestly don't even understand the definition of a douchebag. i just figured it meant that you were just a asshole

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, women, especially young women, go for the bad boys aka douchebags.
    This is the reason for the truism "nice guys finish last". Young women want Mr Harley MacBadBoy, Iva Necktatto, oily nightclub Romeos, or some other version of the bad boy.
    About age 30, after a decade and a half of being Friend Zoned and pushed aside by females in their rush to throw themselves crotch first at a conga line of bad boys, I gave up and walked away from women. I applied two of the principles of tactics that the army taught me when I was trained as an officer. 1. Fight only the battles that you can win. 2. Do not reinforce defeat.
    It was only much later, when I studied neuroscience and human communication at a tertiary level, that I found out why females behaved in that way.
    There are three components to females going through the bad-boy phase.
    1. Brain development. Between the ages of about 15 and 25 the brains of both males and females are rewired as part of the process of sexual maturity. That is the adolescent transition from children into adults. During this rewiring neural pathways are culled, new ones are created and, as a result, the way that we think and perceive the world changes. During this phase, the young female mistakes the character traits of an arsehole with those of a true alpha male. She becomes confused. It is as simple as that.
    2. Self-esteem. Each of us will choose whatever it is in life that our level of self-esteem leads us to believe that we deserve. This includes romantic/sexual partners. If a girl has poor self esteem, she will choose the abusive bottom-feeding arsehole to match.
    3. Hollyweird. From the day that they are born, females are subjected to a comprehensive mindfuck of Pavlovian conditioning by Hollywood and Madison Avenue. Think of just about any movie or television show that has a romantic interest in it. The male character will be the brooding angst-ridden bad boy from the wrong side of town, who romances the girl from a good family who can see his heart of gold. That is a narrative that can be traced back to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, perhaps further back in literary history. This narrative is at odds with reality, but it appeals to a confused and conditioned young female mind.
    The result of this process, from a male point of view, is that about 80 per cent (my estimate that is a result of observation) of females go through the bad-boy phase between the ages of about 15 and 25-30.
    Decent young men need not apply.

• I just loved your answer. thanks man

• So my luck will change in roughly five years? But anyway even if you say yes I won't take it seriously

What Girls Said 15

• No, that's just some whiny story less attractive, less desirable, less sought after guys tell themselves so that they don't have to confront the real reason why women don't want them.

• Daamn, straight forward. Nice job :D

• @Esplorare
      I understand completely XD. in my opinion people think girls go for douchebags because they probably "stole" a girl from them; even though, they probably never tried to pursue that girl at all. It's all in the confidence, being comfortable with yourself leads to others being comfortable with you. I 100% agree with people labeling strangers as douchebags because they might be jealous that they can have a girlfriend.

• Subconsciously, we do.
    Bad boys are appealing.
    As a girl gets further into adult hood she realizes that these bad boys will take her to a dead end.
    She needs something beyond that.
    Few will admit this.

of course , not true for all girls. But definitely a reasonable amount.

• Well what you have to understand is that most guys label any guy who is confident and good with girls as a douchebag. Anything he's ever done wrong is magnified because you've got a prejudice against him. Let's say a quiet guy who isn't that successful with girls makes a rude comment, its overlooked. The attractive, outgoing "ladys man" makes the same comment and he's the world's biggest asshole.
    For the most part these guys that are labelled "douchebags" are just confident guys.

But yes, the guys who are jerks tend to be very confident which attracts girls. Especially young ones, in their teen years. But no girl goes for a guy BECAUSE he's a dick. They see the qualities they like and ignore the ones they don't.

I've done that once- I knew he had a reputation for being an ass- but I had *a lot* of fun with him and I was naive enough to think that he wouldn't hurt ME. and he did. But I didn't think "omg he's such an asshole its so great". I was just stupid and girls my age are stupid.

• The true definition of a douche bag is a guy who is mean to all the males and is mean to all the females besides the ones he finds attractive and sadly I've seen girls fall for those type of guys there is a lot you women don't see when there is a room with just guys in it.

• Girls, Yes.
    Women, No.

• I personally do NOT! I think young teenage girls do (14-17) , and older more mature women (18 & so on) who know what they want don't. If I see any sign of a boy being an ass to me I will straight up not like his ass!

• No we don't. These self-proclaim nice guys call other guys jerks for having the confidence to approach girls when they do nothing to make the first move. SMH.

• Lol I totally disagree. I have friends that are girls and I'm married. I actually sit there and listen to their drama with dudes and use sites like this to understand. There's a difference between a guy that only wants you for sex and a guy that is confident. A lot of guys are the former. (After sex only ) as I hit it an quit it. Those are douchbags. I have a sister in law that is very attractive we all go clubbing and I sit there an watch what guys hit on her. I know she has some confidence issues because her by cheated on her. I've heard this a lot too. She goes to clubs wearing almost nothing and guess who takes the bait? Douchebags. How do I know they're douchebags? Because they don't get the message from her to back off and the --- that comes out of their mouthes when I have to step in.

• I love how only guys voted that they go for douchebags. Because most of them are just jealous. They really don't

• No douchebags usually come to me and then I don't realize they are douches until they reveal their douchey selfs

• It's that most douchebags no all the right things to say which hooks us, because we think they are different

• Its not like they want to go for douchebags but they are brainy and girls tend to slip. If a girl knows how he exactly is, she would never.

• Define Douchebag.

• Asshole I guess

• I define a douchebag as a dude who really just wants sex and doesn't give a sh** about you. So they drive strong to the hole.. You bite.. They ditch you

• No we don't. That's just something conceited guys say when they get rejected by a girl.

• No, girls don't go for a guy whom she knows is a douchebag and nothing more. Sometimes the "nice guy" takes one look at the guy some girl he wants is with, and concludes he is a docuhebag, so that she deserves to get abused, for choosing him.

In all honestly I'd rather date a douchebag than a "nice guy".

• The douche normally has the freaking confidence unfortunately.

• Confidence? or false confidence? Douche bags have deep rooted insecurities and emotional issues they'er not really confident.

• Don't hate the player hate the game

• lmfao

• not all girls.

What Guys Said 13

• Girls go for guys that are hot and exciting, that doesn't mean thy have to be an asshole or a douchebag.

• Congrats, you have a selfie with no shirt on in the bathroom, you must get all the girls.

• Great question man. I noticed this too. Clubs are filled with bad boys and bad boy impersonators. Sometimes I'll just people watch. At the end of the night. Usually when a girl is drunk the "bad boys" are more aggressive in pursuit. In addition to that. The less a woman wears= the more dbag/ only dtf nothing serious dudes she attracts. The more conservative she dresses. The less dbags approach.

• They fall for the lies, most likely. The confidence and first impression of the guy gets them hooked and later it makes them more oblivious to his negative "douchebaggy" behavior, that's why everyone sees he's a douchebag but she's the only one saying he's a nice guy.
    Not saying every woman falls for this, but most of the ones that date douchebags is because of that. But of course, there are also some women with such low self esteem that actually do like dating douchebags.

• Women like attractive men. Sometimes attraction makes other considerations take a back seat.

• Confidence is key and you don't have to be a douchebag to get girls. Exhibit A

• At first they do and then when Its done to them they hate it

• The thing is a lot of women don't truly understand the definition of a douche bag so its hard to say that their answers are truly accurate.

• Confidence wins almost everytime

• Sometimes they need a bit of aftercare.

• Ah the douchebags, what would we do without you? They make life more fun.

• The ones who think that's what they deserve do

• Yep... I've seen so many times girls being with douchebags after that they cried how stupid they were.