Do you think people are born gay or just make that choice along the way?

I was having this conversation with someone today

Most Helpful Guy

• People are born gay, it's not a choice. They can actually make a penguin gay by controlling which hormones are present during its development. It's also been shown that guys who have an older brother who is less than a year older have higher homosexual tendencies due to a lack of essential hormones during fetal development. Also, who would ever want to be gay and go through all of that trouble? It's like wanting to be black before the civil rights movement.

• and whoever thumbs me down for this is just plain ignorant on the matter and know nothing about biology.

• It's my h easier being gay today than it was a decade ago. Being transgender, however...

What Guys Said 13

• Did you decide to be heterosexual yourself? I guess not. You just are, right?

The only thing that is different with gays is that their orientation surprised and confused them. They weren't prepared for that. So some try to ignore it, others are remain confused and a lot of them just embrace what they are. So this is their choice, how to deal with their sexuality. They can't decide to whom they're attracted to though. No one can.

• All evidence indicates that people are born gay. I say "it wants what it wants", meaning the libido will be satisfied one way or another. Look at people like Larry Craig and Ted Haggerty. They tried extremely hard to not be gay but in the end they were drawn to homosexual encounters. Their lives would have been so much better if they could have just come out as gay men.

• i think they make that decision by choice

• Neither of those. I think it develops in early childhood, neither predetermined nor chosen.

• U just made a rhymy thingy :p

• I think the events in life/development have a major impact on it

• Some people born with that type of hormone functionality and some other by the choice.
    I get this information from a movie.

• It's both.

• I don't fucken know bro, they're just Ben that way I guess

• I think they're born that way because I have 2 older sisters and because of that I have more feminine features and I am straight but if I were to have had 3 I would have been gay

• There is no proof for either so I would say a mix of nature and nurture.

• I think it's both. I personally just always loved woman, was always attracted to a woman's butt and boobs. I had a friend I grew up with who had sex with girls and we'd talk about our adventures with babes. He had trouble getting into a relationship though and every girl he loved hurt him. He came out to me when we were in college. I also know a few woman the same way also.

Also I have a few gay friends that say they were always attracted to the same sex since as long as they can remember.

• I think they are brainwashed practically from birth.

• Think? No, I know they are brainwashed!

What Girls Said 7

• Haha. I just had this conversation with a friend earlier. He's gay and he told me he's always been gay. Ever since he could remember, he thought guys were sexy and girls were just girls.

I'm think people are born with it. Otherwise, I'd probably be a lesbian.

• People are born that way. It's not a choice

• That's how I feel

• Nevermind I just read you response clearly lol

• Well I had to experiment a lot before I could figure out my sexuality. But yes, I finally came out as a biromantic heterosexual

• It's a choice

• No it's not a choice. I mean ask a guy can they chose who they get a boner for? No they can't. You didn't one day chose to live guys. You just did.

• They make the choice along the way

• i think it's how they are born.

• I believe it's both sometimes