Going to a club/bar when you are dating someone?

I am dating this great, fantastic guy, but we are not official, and have not discussed becoming exclusive yet, though it is certainly going in that direction. But my friend asked me if i wanted to go to a club or a bar tonight. Um... How do i proceed? It IS okay, right? I definitely dont want to hook up with anyone else. But it could still be a fun night.

Can going to a club like that even be fun.. ? My friend and i won't be sticking together, she will try to find a guy on her own. So i will be kind of alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can only have fun at a bar/club if you hookup with someone? Hmmm, that's pretty sad :S

Anyways, yeah, you should go, and try not to hookup with anyone. You may not be exclusive with that guy, but if he knows about this you'll definitely lose him.

What Guys Said 5

• sure... but don't flirt wid others 8)

• I've done this. Sometimes, I take girls I want to date to go dancing (i. e. clubs). Did he give any reason why club/bar particularly?

• Why does she want you to come if she's just going to bail on you when you get there?

• Not totally bail on me.. last time, when we find each other in the crowd, we have fun together, till she finds someone else to talk to. She loves striking up conversations with strangers. My weak point.

• Be very careful with this situation

• Can you explain more in detail.. ? What should i be careful of?

• There are gonna be guys trying to get at you and if you don't want to mess things up with the guy you like don't entertain the other guys is all I'm saying. Don't give in to peer pressure. I know how these "girls night out" things go lol

• How do you call THAT a date?

What Girls Said 4

• Of course, go! You don't give up your life when you are dating or married, since you aren't yet exclusively there's absolutely no reason to not enjoy yourself. Additionally, you don't want to be one of those people who gives up their lives for a guy- remember your friends were there before he was.

• Ask the guy you're dating to come

• He already has other plans.

• Even if you have a boyfriend, I think it's still okay. As long as you don't flirt with others.

• Yeah, go. Have fun. The only concern is if you're left on your own, but that's whether you're dating someone or not. It's not the safest thing to be a lone girl at a bar/club.