What advice would you give someone on a first date?

Like what to do, what not to do etc

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice would be to:

-Relax and try to make yourself comfortable. If you're anxious or nervous, it will probably show and make things awkward.
    -Don't lie about anything, just be honest about yourself and if the person asks you a question you don't want to answer yet, just re-direct the conversation. I had a friend once who went on a date and lied about what she did for a living. It eventually caught up with her since she continued to date the guy. He was disappointed and turned off that she lied about something so simple. So, being honest on a first date is important because the truth, typically, always comes out in the end.
    -Dress for what you'll be doing. If you're going to a fancy restaurant, dress up a little. If it's just a casual walk through the park, wear something more comfortable. Don't stress too much about your outfit, just wear what you feel is the most appropriate for the setting you will be at.

What Guys Said 17

• Be yourself. Most important piece of advice. You don't want to be putting on a face that is not the real you to try and impress someone, because then you will feel pressured to always keep it up, and they may feel deceived when they realize that you aren't the way you were presenting yourself.

Be calm. Yes, there will be some nervous energy at the very beginning, but don't let it get to you. This won't be your only shot at happiness, so don't feel that everything is riding on it. Know your worth, know that this is a meeting of equals, and that it is just a way to get to know the person. Maybe things will develop, maybe they won't. Don't put expectations on it, or you'll stress yourself out. Don't worry if things aren't going 'perfect'... the guy will be worrying about that already, and things rarely go exactly as planned. Just go with the flow.

Most importantly... have fun. It's just a date. Think about what you would be doing if you were going for dinner with one of your girlfriends. Same idea, just this time it's a boy. Or a girl, I suppose... that analogy depends on orientation... but you know what I mean...

• Stop thinking of it as a date and just chillaxxx, have fun , chinwag till ye jaws drop and go home when it does.

Overthinking gets people into the deep end of the cesspool just as fast as not keeping an eye on where you step when you go to a farm.

• Always make sure he respects you and always
    watch his body language and how he treats you
    watch what language he uses with you
    Don't play with your cell phone while on date
    Don't , mention about other guys you know
    He shouldn't be playing with his cell phone either
    He shouldn't be talking about other girls
    If he mentions about sex on the first date bad sign

• No 1 is dont give it up stay true to yourself and stay pure

• don't mention bout sex!

• What if he not you as a girl mentioned it first on the first date?

• @kitty71 mmmmm tbh if i liked her... i'd not say no... but i'd not ask 1st personally :(

• Be funny, people like funny partners!
    I try my best to be funny. But, I'm yet to go on a legitimate date. I can't seem to 'pull'. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. 😕

• Be yourself a. k. a. say whatever you feel like you should say, relax, have fun and enjoy yourself.

• Dont fuck it up.

• Just be yourself

• Just be like friends.

• Don't lie and don't try to be someone who you are not.

• Go to a place you can talk, so do not go to the movies/cinema.

• Be yourself...

• relax and be yourself

• They should not miss the opportunities. :*

• Listen twice as much as you talk

• I would say run! Its a trap. Lol

What Girls Said 3

• Not to worry about things like that. But to have fun on the date.

• Be true to yourself, put yourself out there a little (in terms of being interested and such) and don't be afraid I say you want to see them again

• Try to relax and talk about yourselves a lot.