I'm in love with my best friend?

We've been friends for 4 years; we met during freshman year of college and became close friends until he eventually dropped out of school to move back home. The physical distance made the friendship wane temporarily, until he came back to visit last winter

Ever since the visit, something in me sparked. Before this point, I'd never seen him as more than a friend. However, after his visit, we texted constantly for the next 5 months (until now). In fact, I'm in his hometown for the whole summer this year, along with another one of our friends. The three of us hang out almost every day, so the feelings have been getting stronger.

I know that talking on the phone 24/7 isn't a sign of romantic interest, but whenever we went to catch a movie or to hang out just the two of us, he often confused me with casual flirty lines and body language. He would playfully tell me that a co-worker mistook us for a couple, or ask me if I'm interested in anybody, but then follow up immediately with sentences like "I saw the prettiest girl at work today," or "Man, I really need to go out and meet new girls, I'm so tired of being single," or "You're one of my best friends!"

Yesterday, while we were drinking, he asked me if I'd ever made the first move on a guy. I told him that I could never, because I'm a giant pu$$ay (true). He then went on to tell me about some past experience of friendzoning that he'd experienced: basically, he was friendzoned by a girl and was rejected flat out. He recalled feeling irked by the girl even prior to his confession, because she would always tell him unwanted information about her flirting/love life with other dudes. Listening to this, I felt like I was exactly in his shoes, and this depressed me somewhat.

He is also one of my ex-boyfriend's close friends, so I'm really hesitant about what course of action I'm supposed to take.

Anyways, whether he likes me back or not, is it the right thing to tell him about my feelings? Will I lose him as a friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• whoa wait... has he ever mentioned in da past he'd consider datin u as an option?

What Guys Said 5

• break up with him. oh wait nvm.

• Thats awesome congradulations

• Finally a relationship that might work out. Go for it.

• He likes you, and he is hinting it

• ohhhhhhh danger zone

What Girls Said 1

• you should tell him.