Guys, Guys-Do your prefer damsel in distress or strong/independent women?

It seems that most guys prefer to be the 'hero' and usually go for the damsel in distress types.

I am soo not a damsel in distress so I always come across guys that always try to compete with me and keep saying how they are gonna win at events and dominate me while trying to flirt. This is so weird...

20

Most Helpful Guy

• How about neither? Damsel in distress tend to stay distressed. It's what they want.

Independent women use their talents/strength to remain aloof and alienated from men. If they date, it is usually her holding her heart and keeping it from fully loving or caring for him.

I just want a woman I can love and pour myself into, all of who I am. I demand the same in return, or it's not going to work. She cannot withhold her heart from me at all. To clarify, I am not talking about sex. She has the right to withhold that, and she should, until marriage.

I had a woman recently tell me we were "At that stage" that we would begin having sex. I looked her in the eye and told her we weren't going to have sex until after marriage.

It's not working out with her.

• I don't think that's true. Independent women don't need men but they do want them and I think it's hard for some guys to understand the difference between a clingy chick and one that doesn't mind having her 'me' time

• You kinda just made my point.

If you do not "need" us then you are short changing us by trying to string us along.

A man wants all of you. If you cannot or will not give yourself to him, please don't go through the motions of "getting" a guy, only to let him know later on he cannot have you. Giving the parts of you that you want to give is very selfish and self centered. I will not hold anything back from my woman, and as I said, I expect her not to hold anything back from me.

What Guys Said 19

• I want a balance, a girl who can go through life independently but at the same time let me feel needed so that we connect more.

• I like a good balance of both. Too much of either is annoying. Of course I enjoy it when a girlfriend would depend on me and want to be around me, but I also enjoy being able to go do my own thing and she can go do her as well when that is needed.

• @SunDevil11 is spot on, a good combination of both is great

• Neither. Too much of either is annoying as hell.

• A mixture of both, really. I want to take care of a girl but she must also be able to take care of herself, yet be girly enough to not mind being spoiled from time to time.

Maybe the Damsel more than the Strong, but I simply do not want a helpless girl. That time is over.

• independent strawng gals 8)

• I prefer dominant and independent women. Then again, the women who call themselves "strong and independent" are often more submissive than any other woman when it comes to the bedroom, which is pretty annoying.

Anything's better than a damsel in distress, though. I can't stand those.

• Strong/independent woman. Maybe the damsel in distress for a good sex session. I like submissive woman in that area.

• So called strong independent women are not my type of woman. No, I am not intimidated, they just don't seem as feminine or fun frankly.

• I like both but the damsels are always drawn to me.

• A damsel going places please!

• In distress

• How about a well rounded girl who is neither one of the other?

• I want an equal partner in a relationship so strong independent. Also why no poll?

• I like "balanced" women. Strong in some aspects, damsel in others.
    (... make a poll!)

• Strong/independent women.

• Well... I'll say a mix of both.. I like girly girls who can b independent @ times

• 0|0
  • I would never settle for an idiot because I could never trust her judgement and I could never settle for an argumentive/selfish/difficult person either so the answer lies somewhere in between.

Damsel in distress could never stand on her own two feet and strong independent woman I would assume wishes to remain strong independent woman.