Do you think "Nice Guys" really exist?

Typical " nice guy" who complains that women only go for the guys who aren't good for them.. But I feel the main reason these guys would be mad is because they aren't getting as much sexual partners as the "bad boy"...
all straight men want is to have sex with as many women as the can.. And then eventually settle down.

so is a " nice guy " really nice or just a dog in disguise

Most Helpful Girl

• There are some genuine, nice guys, but those are hella scarce. However those that are vocally calling themselves a "nice guy" are usually pigs in disguise. And for all you "nice guys" out there, being "nice" isn't the only trait women look for in men. It doesn't hurt to also have things, such as hobbies in common and emotional stability (financial stability is a plus as well).

What Guys Said 42

• I hope they exist or else my MyTake would have been a waste: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9990-what-it-really-means-to-be-a-nice-guy !

I would like to be a balance of a Nice Guy and someone that is enticing for women. But I think a bunch of guys just skip the Nice Guy part or something.

• I like this thanks for giving me a real definition instead of criticizing me

• I'm not a scumbag lol...
    I was raised by strong females with crappy male figures in my life. My best friends were girls growing up, maybe cuz I was too emotional to deal with the guys.
    I was overweight for a while, didn't have a date through high school but my best friend was a girl still we talked more then any of my male friends. I stayed chubby in college, and only recently lost weight...
    Now it's weird to be considered good looking...
    I spent my whole life sorrow fed by girls that had been hurt by crappy guys... When I fall for someone I fall hard, and it's not some thing I would compromise, in fact I don't dven associate with cheaters no matter how friendly they are to me and I can't stand bro talk...
    So for you to say I'm just a ticking time bomb of misogyny is actually really offensive. I do however hope you find someone that proves you wrong :)

• 'Typical " nice guy" who complains that women only go for the guys who aren't good for them..' Where the fuck do these people their definition of 'nice' from?

'all straight men want is to have sex with as many women as the can.. And then eventually settle down.' Yep, yep, yep!
    What about all gay men since you think you can speak for all straight men?

Say anon, since you already pretty much made up your mind about the whole topic, why not go and ride a 'bad' boy's 10 inch cucumber? Have fun!

• Omg so defensive so sad u can't act mature when someone has a different opinion from you

• So I'm an immature boy who can't act mature when faced with perspective that is not in line with mine? How am I being defensive? *face palm* The only point I actually made was for you to ride a 10 inch cucumber.

• I will say I am a nice guy, I want as low a number as possible, friends I've had and "studs" that I had witnessed had either gotten STDs, get tested for one, or have an early pregnancy. A relationship in my opinion is of the person and how they make you feel about yourself. I've had two relationships, both of which never got in the sack, we'd glanced at the sack, but never got in. Am I mad about it, no. The first something bad had happened and has me in tears from time to time, and the second cheated on me while I was preparing a ring and a place to propose. But the second one tore me down for several months before hand, knowing I wouldn't do that to her and made me second rate at the time and a while after. I want a best friend before we get active, anything else is just cheap and empty, I don't like cheap and empty memories. Nice guys do exist, but they are quiet, usually fearing the turmoil of a heartbreak, the rare ones though will speak up from time to time, though.

• There are nice people that exist, yeah.

"All straight men want is to have sex with as many women as they can" ^--wow the feminists have really gotten to you. This is false for so many of us guys. Frankly it's insulting that you'd assume that.

Many people are nice. The ones who say they're nice but they can't get girls is not because they're nice, it's because they're people pleasers with no confidence, no personality, no opinions of their own, and many haven't taken any action to even get close to getting a girl.

• I'm a genuine (nice guy) myself but because of "most are actually pigs" statement, I've been friendzoend and rejected by almost every girl I've ever pursued. I do have hobbies and talents (hence my display picture) but that never seemed to be enough. In most cases, the douchey confident guy gets all the girls becuase the shy nice guy is viewed as weak and girls don't want to give the a chance. I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 23 and right now I'm in the longest and best relationship of my life.

• Such a question as this is an attempt to rationalize the contradiction between what women want and what conventional morality dictates. As someone who is a bad boy according to conventional morality and who is proud of it, I wouldn't be with a girl who criticizes nice guys. You don't have to be with them, but you should feel sorry for them.

• And there are some 'bad boys' who also try to rationalize the contradiction and who insist that they aren't bad according to conventional morality and who, like many women, get angry at the nice guys.

• Typically the "nice guy" is used as a doormat and blames women for not being in a relationship or giving him sex for showing common decency. Also dogs sometimes use the nice guy disguise as well -.- There are gentlemen out there who know how to treat a lady properly

• I am actually one of the nicer guys, becouse I have aknowleged that I care about people, especially the ones I love.
    I also know some pigs in disquice, saying to girls they just want to be good friends, and eventually end up quitting a relationship with their penis still in their girlfriend.
    I also think there are guys thinking the opposite way; playing the bad boy and ending up, after shredding their disquise, to be a nice guy, acting to be a "bad boy" becouse they think they ortherwise would be friendzoned.
    As soon as those people stop hiding behind their masks of "coolness" I think "the rise of the nice guys" can begin.

• I agree with @PurpleTeardrops was saying. As a genuine nice guy as from what my friends have said I am. I agree with what your saying I have never complained about a girl not dating me because she went with a bad guy. I dont believe that was the case. She went with the other guy cause sorry dude you never made a move. Your not a nice guy you just found an excuse and you went with it.

But asker not all striaght men want to have sex with multiple women. Dont but us all in a box

• They exist, but they're a rarity, and that's your fault. You aren't a "nice girl" either, so nice guys have virtually no compatible partners that won't treat them like dirt and leave them for a bad boy. Thus, they stop being nice guys. Don't worry, we have just as little faith in you as you have in us.

• tsk tsk... those r just shitty genralisations in my opinion ;)

• I think the nice guy is nice.

• Well thats not how I started out I really wanted one man one women forever. Then I got to college and realized thats not how the world works for the most part. So I powdered my pimp hand and joined the game. Not really sure if id ever want to commit.

• When I was I nice guy mode I turned down many women for sex because I wanted to wait and get to know them better.

• Then you find out all these women who you thought were good girls had ons and fuck five plus guys. It kinda just makes a guy say fuck it if im not gonna find a wife and least I can find sex.

• Of course they do they are out there

• Ehhh,, I guess they exists... Most "nice guys" are really just trying to be nice to get into someone's pants. Genuine nice guys are hard to find.

• A nice guy usually is truly nice. Women seem to reject them, fuck around with the bad boy who has a tattoo on his neck and a rap sheet as long as War and Peace. When the bad boy pumps and dumps them for a younger model, they coming crawling back to the nice guy who usually tells the to keep going. Why? Because any man worth his salt doesn't want a bad boy's used up left overs. Fact of life.

• Yes, there are lots of genuinely nice guys out there. A truly nice guy is someone who really knows how to give and receive sympathy and support to people, in complete contrast to "nice guys."

• So, you speak for "all" straight men? That does not describe me in the least. And, yes, I am a nice guy.

• I'm not speaking for anybody but myself dude this is just my opinion and I want to hear yours

• I was only quoting you. Anyway, I have never been that way. I only wanted to meet a nice girl, get married and settle down. From all the way back to high school days.

• I would say that nice guys want lots of sex, but with one person who they are attracted to.

• my theory is that nice guys do exist for a short period of time... untill they realize that being nice won´t get them laid. so they change to players. they don´t like being players but they´d like to have sex and there´s only one way to get it.

• You can look up "nice" in the dictionary, you can look up "guy" in the dictionary, but what exactly a "nice guy' is really depends on your definition, and that you won't find there.

My own take: A lot of women think of "nice guys" as boring.

• Yeah some are horndogs but not all.

I dont value sex so much that i hook up with each n every girl, its absurd😎

• Okay, say I'm a nice guy... if I'm a dog, y aren't i out there sleeping around?

(Hint: it's not cause i can't)

• It's a question I swear why are u guys getting so damn defensive.. Because I'm stating an opinion and wanted to hear how u feel about it

• Ahh, please don't bite my head off, i only responded

• There's some nice guys and there's a disguise dog, and maybe u ask that coz in the west people r not that good not all of em of course but in the eastern world there's a lot of nice guys truly

• I think I'm a nice guy. Maybe.

• they do. but the term beta male is a better term.

they try to suck up, but because the dont really have any self-esteem they dont really have the proper social skills to articulate themselves properly like the "bad boy" does.

sometimes nice guys can be nice, but be prepared to toilet train the pup.

• Well im a nice guy and have been told im a nice guy also when it comes to girls i only want 1 i could never live that lifestyle i just want 1 who i can give my heart to

• Yes, they exist... in heaven mwahaha

• I don't think all straight men ever want is sex. That said, I think there are a lot of "Nice Guys" who just can't take rejection.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 13

• There are nice guys out there... Some people are ignorant enough to classify many men as 'bad boys' because those 'bad boys' get more pussy than them. This is just an excuse many 'good guys' use. It is actually not the case at all. It is a term that was used to mask jealousy. When in all actuality, these 'good guys' could have gotten the same amount of pussy if they stopped classifying themselves as good people. Here's the thing, the men who call themselves 'good guys' are always picked as a last option. Why? Because many women have heard the "I am a good guy" speech and have been completely fucked over from said good guy. So when a man approaches her and does not try to mask who he is (bad boys), women find that attractive, because he is not lying. My boyfriend is one that people classify as a "bad boy". I have been with him for four years. I had my doubts in the beginning of our relationship on the simple fact of everything I had heard about him. But I stayed with him anyways despite it all because of how he acted with me. And I am damn glad I did because here we stand, 4 years later, and he has not cheated on me or fucked me over in any way, shape, or form. Yes, you do get your typical bad boys who sleep around and don't settle down till their later years. However, there are many men out there who are damn good people who get put into this "bad boy" category on the simple fact that others are envious of the lifestyle that guy has. Having women fall at your feet does not make you a bad boy. Having slept with a hand full of women does not classify you as a bad boy. Riding a motorcycle, all decked out in leather, while smoking a cigarette does not make you a bad boy. The judgment passed on such people is ignorant. Until you know someone personally, do not classify them as a bad boy or a good guy. Because chances are, they are only classified as such things because of others jealousy or false accusations. I agree with the MHO though.. The men who say they are good people are (almost always) the assholes who will leave you as soon as they get in your pants.

• Nice guys do exist, but I can understand why genuinely nice guys and girls for that matter, end up feeling like they get hurt constantly.

I'm friends with a genuinely nice guy who isn't just after sex or to use a girl up. He's been really hurt in the past, so he's well aware of the risks, which tends to make him more timid when it comes to relationships. That's why in the past he's taken time out to be single because he's nervous about trusting anyone again. However, ultimately he is a really sweet guy, whose been trod on.

I am a nice girl, sounds so weird saying that, but I try to be good to people. I don't like conflict and am all about working through solutions. If I like or love one person, they are the only person I have room in my heart for, so I wouldn't ever pursue a relationship with someone else. Tattooed or otherwise. I wouldn't go and sleep with someone else even if we weren't together. It's just not me. I have no intention of being cruel, but I will tell a guy I do just want to be friends, if I don't find myself attracted to them. That rarely happens though and when it does, I just want them to be happy, and meet someone who will love them for who they are. I really don't want to hurt anyone.

So the answer is, they do exist. There are some guys out there that as you say use the "nice guy" label and tend to push the boundaries constantly. The kind that can't accept no for an answer when you tell them you don't want to sleep with them or date at all right now. Those are the kind that put me off and like to pursue you while you're interested in someone else. In the hope of "changing your mind" because they were "just trying to have a thing with you." I cut off contact with those guy.

• Yes. Many guys are genuinely nice.
    I really don't like these general assumptions.

• They are everywhere. 80% of guys are genuinely nice, at least where I come from. And it's not hard to tell which ones aren't.

• Yeah, I've met genuine nice guys who are great and super sweet and awesome.
    But nice also met guys who pretend to be nice bu are really only nice if they get something.

• Nice guys do exist. My step father is straight proof of that. They are certainly not as easy to find as some asshole, but they are out there.

• "ll straight men want is to have sex with as many women as the can." Not all straight men dear. But yeah, these guys who keep complaining just call themselves nice guys because they are jealous

• Oh there out there hunny. I found one. But its like a needle in a hay stack. Most of them are dogs.

• Only sometimes I feel like :)

• im not really sure maybe i don't know

• Yes they do but make sure you know how to differentiate the nice guys and the self-proclaim nice guys!

• There are some genuine good hearted guys but most of the ones talking that nice guy shit are just dogs in disguise.

Guys: if it doesn't apply to you, don't get offended

• Right I swear all the comments in getting from the guys are so defensive

• There are few of them.