Is it weird for a 16 year old girl to have relations with a 19 year old guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of. The age gap isn't that severe, but at that age group it is considered socially pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable.

• how do you mean?

• At that age group, especially since the line between adult and child is right there, people care a little more about the difference in age between the couple. If one is (legally speaking) an adult, where the other is a child, and one of them is more than a single year from 18, some people start to think one is taking advantage of the other.

What Guys Said 10

• it's actually pretty common, although some states in the USA would claim that he is a pedophile sex offender. In Europe , it tends to be legal.

• is it legal in yer area?

• A 16 year old girl gets pregnant just looking at a guy the wrong way.

• Legally it's an issue. I bribe if the parents consent it's ok.

• its not unheard of :P

• Not if there is no sex.

• Uh, not really I guess unless you have sex.

• Nahhhh I've seen people who worked it out

• The thing is, it's only 3 years. But 3 years at that sort of age is a big difference. That's not to mention him legally being an adult at 19 and the girl still being a child at 16. I think it's.. not good.

• Probably illegal.

What Girls Said 7

• Nope. Not weird. Normal age difference.

• its kinda common tbh

• No its not weird. Some people would find it weird because of your age now but when you're 20 he'll be 23 and no one will bat an eyelid.

• Depends where you're from. In the UK it's perfectly legal. But either way, I'd be careful with someone older than you.

• It's not that big of an age range, but depending on where you live, it could be a legal problem.

• not really your parents may freak though

• About as weird as my situation... I'm 14 dating a 17 year old

• how did your parents react?

• Hmmm.. They were concerned at first when we started dating when we were 12 and 15 but they learned to like because he remains respectful