At what age did you get your first rejection?

I'm talking about being rejected by a guy/girl for a date or girlfriend/boyfriend here, that type of rejection.

Anyway, for me, it was when I was 13 years old. I had finally decided to ask girls out, because I wanted a girlfriend (and possibly have sex.) So, my best friend at the time knew a girl who was going to another school. He told me she was cute and he thinks we would like each other, since we both loved baseball. How awesome! A hot chick that likes baseball (my 13 year old brain's thought process here.) So, it was on my Christmas break, right after Christmas (December 29, 2003 to be exact) and I decided to ask her out. Keep in mind, this was an time before social media took over. MySpace had just started but I barely knew anyone with an account. Xanga wasn't ever popular and most people online would Instant Message (IM) each other through their email address or TALK IN PERSON (Yes, people used to do that, believe it or not.) Cell phones didn't emerage yet and most teenagers didn't have cell phones. So, I used my home phone, called her number (my friend gave me) and asked her out. She didn't say anything and hung up the phone ( I was stupid, I'll admit it lol.) That was my first rejection ever.

If you can't remember the exact age, I put age ranges in the poll to help you out.

• I was rejected for the first time under 13 years old
  • I was rejected for the first time between 13-18 years old
  • I was rejected for the first time between 19-24 years old.
  • I was rejected for the first time between 24-30 years old.
  • I was rejected for the first time between 31-36 years old.
  • I was rejected for the first time at 37 years old and older.
  • I've never been rejected OR asked anyone out
@MissNowhere You thoroughly answered the question and had an interesting story, so thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally read the question as 'At what age did you get your first erection?'. 😄
    Aaaand, never, cause I've never given anyone a chance to reject me. But I did send my crush a friends request on a similar site like Facebook when I was 13 or 14 and he totally declined. That may count, lol.

• Ah, and didn't you say on another question you've never had a boyfriend?

• Good for you. :D

What Girls Said 14

What Guys Said 24

• nver never 8)

• You know what I was doing at 13 years old? Still trying to beat the 4th level in Super Mario World.

• When I was 13 years old, I had already BEAT "Super Mario World 1" and even beat the secret levels. I used to be a video game wizard and fanatic (not so much anymore.)

But anyway, I was still looking for sex.

• ... Are you some kind of dark sorcerer?

• When it came to video games, I was ;)

• Anytime I was rejected I'd say something like, "Ok darling, you're missing out on a good time and a good man, Have a nice life". I
    then walked off and NEVER looked back. Many of the rejecting girls wanted me later. I used them sexually and dumped their ass. Is that fair? Probably not, but what goes around comes around. In my mind I was right. If I was wrong, so be it.

• Birth, by my mother.

• Rejected once at 23. I was asking her to be my girlfriend. Perhaps I should have stopped right there, but she accepted when I asked again at 25. And broke up a few months later lol. Not that we were really together, I only asked her if we could start going out and she said okay.

• My first rejection was at 16, didn't take it so well lol. I've had a couple of gf's, but I can't count how many times I been rejected. I still get rejected to this day, but you can't let it stop you.

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has tried."

• True, but I've been rejected anywhere between 95-100 times (I'm being serious too) and I've still never had a girlfriend. It has been a long, bumpy road but I guess you need to "climb a mountain" before you can become a "master", right?

• I haven't been rejected asking a girl out but i was dumped (my first and only time so far) at the end of my Junior Year in HighSchool

• I haven't been rejected

• I've been rejected two times in my life once when I was six the girls said eww (fuckin bitch). Then again at twenty one I asked this girl out and she just stared at me so I stared back and that went on for a minute or so then I just walk away.

• Well, how old was the girl when she rejected you at six years old? I mean she was roughly the same age, right? Lol. I can understand a little girl going "EWW"!

But two times isn't bad at all. I've been rejected probably around 100 times now. I lost count awhile ago.

• Which state do you live in? I live in Ohio, where the girls are conservative, unfriendly and snobby.

• California the greatest country on earth

• Never asked anyone out, never been rejected.

• I was 15, didn't really care tbh. Never mind lmao.
    Out of the 6 girls I asked out all declined. Luckily for me I kinda have nerves of steel, so it didn't really get to me.

• Oh, I know where you're coming from.

No joke, I've been rejected by every girl I've asked out and probably between 95-100 have rejected me (I lost count awhile ago.) I had already asked out six girls by the time I finished eighth grade lol.

• I definitely seem to always find girls who already have boyfriends but that's an issue with our age group. The girls our age group are the most desirable and guys from ALL age groups go after them.

I don't even fall in the "friend-zone." I just flat out get rejected.

• Same or that. Yeah, every girl I've come to like recently has a boyfriend. It's depressing. xD

• I had my first one week ago. Right on this site actually :D

• i got rejected by a girl who i saw and just instantly thought she's the one , i taled to her for a while she made me feel so good around her i just loved being with her , i did stupid stuff for her until one day i asked her and she said sorry no thats when i had the biggest stomachache ever i went to sleep.

• when I was 13 I told this girl (classmate) I had barely spoken to that I loved her... did not end well for me

• The first of many times was probably when I was 12. I tried to give a girl a valentines day card and she wouldn't take it... one of the many times I've tried to give girls candy and they ran away, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. There are far too many girls, even adult women, who are too picky.

• I was 12 years old when that happened.

• 13 or 14 I think.

• 7th and 8th grade I got rejected like 25 times. I was a weirdo back then, if I could go back I would of just focused on games more like on PC and ps2 or hanging out with actual friends.

• My rejection % was really high when I was a teen b/c I was a skinny beta lol

• 14.
    Don't wanna talk about it haha

• I was 19. Whatever it's the distant past to me now.

• Senior year in high school when I asked a girl out for the very first time.

• Well, I didn't ask about the first time you asked someone out, I asked about the first time you got a rejection (IF you've ever been rejected.)

• I found some good connections after this convention, but they're too far away so I couldn't really have anything more than a quick fling. I do remain in contact with them though.

• Yes, I feel you there.

I remember I took a trip to Denver, Colorado for a convention in high school (and I live in Ohio), and I met this girl from Wyoming and we flirted but I knew there was no realistic chance I could meet up with her.

• So far, so good.

• Never asked any girl out too afraid of rejection

• Have you ever been asked out by a girl?

• Oh, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Those are indirect rejections. I'm talking about direct rejections.

• Nope i can't handle that if i was directly rejected by a girl i would just give up on dating