Bad way of asking a girl on a date?

I've been texting this girl for a few days now, and i finally asked her to meet up for some coffee.
The conversation went like this
me: Do you like coffee?
girl: I prefer iced coffee, over hot coffee.
me: We should meet up for some iced coffee then?
girl: And where would you like to meet?
me: How about a classic white girl spot, Starbucks?

I meant for the last message to come across as a joke, but would most people (women) interpret that to be sexist or rude? I honestly dont care about the outcome too much sice we dont really know each other, but mostly for future reference.

• rude/sexist
  • normal

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not the best choice of words, but we all make mistakes sometimes. At least you're asking and trying to do better, so good on ya for that.

What Girls Said 3

• I would've declined the date once I read the last line. It comes across with a negative tone I think to me. At that point I would've just said no thanks.

• OMG, please don't do that again--the *white* comment was even worse than the *girl* comment. Yeah, it's obvious you don't care much about the outcome. A girl wants to be treated like you do give a sh** and respect her enough to properly ask her on a date.

• Its not that I don't care, I asked her to meet up for some coffee so it shouldn't have the idea of seriousness until after we chit chat and get to know each other better (my perspective), I respect your opinion

• a bit rude lmao.

What Guys Said 5

• I would avoid using any language that sounds controversial when you are getting to know somebody. When you denote Starbucks is a "classic white girl spot", you are making yourself look like a judgmental person. If you wish to use controversial statements, think about what kind of information do you want to broadcast and if there is any purpose to make that statement. For example, lets say you want to complain about your working hours. The purpose is to hear whether the girl have the same experience. If so, then you two can share your experiences with each other and get closer.

• white gal?

duuuuuuuuuuude... :(

• yeah she's white, but oh well my bad didn't mean to be rude

• If the girl has a sense of humor then good on ya. Unfortunately women tend to like to be offended more than learn to take a joke. -.-

• A classic white girl spot? The fuck is wrong with you dude

• My bad bro for trying to add mild humor, this proves why texting isn't 100% efficient of showing different types of emotionemotion

• Good luck, show her a good time!!!

• thanks man

• The worst way to ask a girl on a date is "Hey bitch I saw you checking my junk, stand and deliver".

• Is that implying that my way sexist too LOL! (made me actually laugh out loud)