Girls, at what age does a man's height no longer a requirement for dating?

So many men get the short end of the stick by being shorter than average. Unlike weight, fashion, or hair loss, there's absolutely nothing a guy can do to improve his height without cheating via platforms or shoe inserts, or undergoing expensive but excruciatingly painful procedures where they literally break your leg bones.

One of the hardest hit areas of life in coping with shortness is dating. So ladies, I ask: at what age does height not matter as much? Be honest; don't say it doesn't matter if in all practicality you think it really does.

• 18-25 years old
    12% (4)
  • 25-35 years old
    9% (3)
  • 35-40 years old
    9% (3)
  • 40-45 years old
    0% (0)
  • Over 45 years old
    0% (0)
  • No really, height doesn't matter as long as he's confident, etc.
    39% (13)
  • Height is always strongly considered in dating at any age
    31% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Thanks for all who answered this poll. It seems the consensus of the majority of those who responded is that it is ultimately not that important, or if it is, it expires at some point.

Yesterday I went to my sister's karate test, and among those who tested were two brothers who were my height or shorter, and one of their girlfriends was taller than I am! That debunks this myth right in front of me. Although it probably DOES help that they have found a hobby in martial arts.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never met a guy who struggled dating wise because he was short. I've never met a girl who rejected a guy because of his height.
    In fact, two of my close female friends are 5'8" and consistently date guys their height or a little shorter. My best guy friend is 5'5" at the most and has never had a girlfriend shorter than him, and he's dated several girls.
    I even know a guy who is only five feet tall and he gets girls (it helps that he's super attractive and very outgoing.)

Maybe I live on Mars or something but I didn't know height was a big deal until I joined GaG

What Girls Said 12

• I can basically make the same points for tall girls like me. I'm much taller than the average woman and have been turned down in the by guys who were both shorter and taller than me because of it. Like short guys, there's not much a tall woman can do about her height. It's just the way it is, lol.

I think as people get older, like out of college and beyond, many become less superficial and more relaxed about things like height.

• As another person correctly deduced, I'm somewhat vertically challenged at 5'5" myself. While I would prefer on paper to have a really short girl so I can be taller than her, in practice I really have no preference and would love to be rocking a tall girl just as well. Is it accurate then to say that with enough confidence and personality that the height barrier can be broken? Or does there need to be a significant physical aspect present to make up for lack of height?

Also, out of the really tall girls you see, what percentage of them would you say are with a guy at least 2 inches shorter than them?

• The guy i'm dating, i'm a little bit taller than him, and if my do a pony tail, i'm more, and if I wear high shoes, incredible. LOL. So I don't really care.

• It matters at every age unless you are like a senior citizen. Also it doesn't matter as long as you are taller than her. Hence I'm 5'2 and I don't care what a guy's height as long as he is taller than me

• A guy who's 5'5" would be ok to go after 5'2 or shorter. Great on paper, but in practice, I usually see the really short ones with really tall guys. Which means our hypothetical 5'5" guy would have to find a girl who's like 4'10" to fit the bill... but even she's likely to go with the super tall guys. In this case, what are some things he can do to offset his short stature?

• Well I do love tall guys too but I also like guys your height but only if they are hot. Hotness is like the main factor for me

• There's no age limit. It's always a requirement

• I dated a dude who was 4 inches shorter. At first, I was a little picky by the idea. I got over it eventually. I was 18 at the time.

• I'm not attracted to people shorter than me.

• Height is considered in dating for any age. I'd personally date someone short.

• For some women it never matters, for some it'll always matter, it's just personal preference; I don't care about it at all.

• A few of the sluttiest guys I know are short... At least two were skinny too.

It's just one factor of many to most females. If a guy is striking out with everyone, height isn't the only thing going wrong for him.

• 23 and above I guess

• Just kidding can I vote F, it doesn't matter at all

• I like tall guys but I'm really short so I'm good with guys if average height