Would you date someone in a lower paid job?

I was having a conversation with my friend and she said she wouldn't date below in terms of job and money. But it really upset me because my boyfriend works two jobs one a fast food place and she is more or less saying to me that she thinks she is better than them. My boyfriend is still in university and he spoils me rotten compared to her boyfriend who doesn't treat her to anything but to her its all about status. So honest opinions would you think the same?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• hahahha so wot? y should this be an issue?

• Yes I would.

• Ask her how long it took her to sleep her way to the top.

• She sounds somewhat materialistic. Who cares if they have less money, it's the person that counts.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's silly to think you're better than someone just because you have different careers or make a different amount of money. Money doesn't make you "better".

I do expect a guy to have a stable, well-paying job though. I refuse to have a bum for a boyfriend with a crappy job that barely pays any bills. I'm not going to be taking care of all the finances while he earns minimum wage at McDonald's. I'm set on having a stable, well-paying career and I expect a guy to have the same, not too much to ask.

• In the end money shouldn't matter. But there are definitely people out there who think it is what we revolve around how we make money and how we spend. Speaking as someone who chose a job that I will love over the fact of it pays crap. As long as you and your boyfriend are happy ignore your friend.

• Yes I would

• @person100 I don't know but Islam says to marry someone based on how religious he/she are not based on how wealthy they are. Because you might have it today, but you can lose it