Should I even be trying to start a relationship with this islamic girl?

To keep this frank, there is this muslim girl that I really love dearly (I'm an atheist, she knows she shouldn't even consult with me but she still does anyway) and I really want to date her. But, her family and religion are both very strict so time and time we've said we're going to date and then have postponed it because of this. The problem is that I really want to date her but the fact is I don't want her religion to completely ruin what we have (I've met her family at our school once and they appear nice but they're very strict with who she can talk to and when, and based on what she's said guys are basically a no go {She's getting an arranged marriage}).

The question is should I even be trying to have a relationship with her? The fact is I think all her beliefs are nonsense but I don't care and I still love her (and she still loves me, she's even said once {To my surprise} "I would never put even Allah before you, that's how much I love you"). It just sucks falling in love with someone who is constricted by religious beliefs, I don't even care that she wears a hijab or that her family wouldn't mind if I was to burn in a fire I just love her.

I should've also mentioned that she is not overzealous with her religion (She rarely ever wears the hijab except maybe like twice a week because it synergizes with her outfit) but it's her family that is probably the prevention factor.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the concept of dating doesn't exist in Islam because any relation before marriage is seen as haram (forbidden). We believe in predestination and that our spouse is already chosen by Allah before we are even born. We also believe we will be married to that spouse in the Afterlife. Hence we are told not to date.

It seems she isn't very conservative however there's no point giving you false hope. A Muslimah (Muslim woman) cannot date a Muslim let alone a Non Muslim.

So its up to you but unless you find your way to Islam and revert to Islam with your own will. You don't really stand a chance.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm just laying out the facts for you

• Well, that's fair I guess. Oh well lol

• I read the update but to be honest even if she isn't religious its still not possible

What Girls Said 4

• No it's dangerous. Don't even try to play with fire.

• if she likes you and you like her then you should be allowed to date each other, just make sure she doesn't hide it from her parents :)

• go for it.

• If you are open to her religion and not totally against it and willing to learn. Doesn't mean converting, but just doing some of her religious stuff with her sometimes, it's more likely.
    If you don't want to learn about it, since it's important to her, I doubt it.

It can happen though, one of my parents is a devout Muslim, and the other a Christian. I've seen other couples like them too. As my father says, any relationship can work if two people learn to adjust and adapt. You both just have to be willing to learn about each others beliefs and never ever mock what the other thinks, instead try to understand why they think that even if you don't agree.

What Guys Said 9

• I wouldn't personally consider a relationship with an atheist because i view the beliefs as nonsense and adolescent which is why i wouldn't start a relationship with one to begin with.

The same for you since you have concluded religion to be nonsense then you shouldn't get involved. However, the hijab is a cultural import of Saudi wahabism which many now associate as doctrine which it isn't. But today is very much used as a tool because without it, apparently men will struggle bit to rape them.

But the very fact she has a relationship with you which is forbidden in Islam. Only men are allowed to date non Muslims because the women's mind is viewed as weak and insufficient to maintaining the faith. So she's done the forbidden already.

If you want something short term it doesn't matter but then why bother

• Atheist's don't have any beliefs, it's the disbelief in religious claims.

Jsing.

• You don't have beliefs. .. alright. .. you know that's pretty dumb. Its akin to saying you lack knowledge to tut degree that you can't make any informed judgement of reality. .. Yet you ironically also claim to be muslim

• You can try, could be a fun experience.
    Of course, have a plan "B" ready (i. e. another girl) if your balls will go blue from waiting her to give you some sexy time.

And don't even think about accepting/converting to their religion. Stay true, stay atheist.

• No, you really shouldn't. You will never be on the same page in terms of your core beliefs, and you should avoid getting involved with strictly Islamic parents, in my opinion anyways.

• Bro... I dont wanna sound prejudiced or anything... but lemme tell me as guy from the world's second largest muslim population... it's a very very bad idea coz if ur girl's family finds out about u 2 ur dead!! They'll end ur life b4 u even know it... I have friends from that faith and I've witnessed 2 o my friends get thrashed 4 being in a relationship with 2 muslim girls... so yea end it now!!

• Her family might disown her. Goddamn. Customs r retarded. Why do people let themselves get dictated by the stupidest shit.

• You might wanna ask that guy with the knife standing behind you...

• Dude, from personal experience these things never work out. Its not worth it, you should just find another girl you have more in common with. It's not good for you or her.

Her family are strict and are religious. They have plans for her and they aren't going to want some atheist (I'm assuming you're a different race from her) non their race kid to be grooming their girl. If they find out they'll make hell for both of you and much worse on her. Its not just get family, its the reputation one has to uphold.

Leave her please, for your own good! I've been where you are so I'm telling you don't do it please. She obviously isn't religious but still. Just no...

I've seen this happen many many times and its horrible.

Another word of advice, don't call other peoples beliefs nonsense because they do make sense its just you may not believe them.

Are you white and she's brown?

• Are you white and she's brown? I'm more light skinned (black/puerto rican).

• I honestly don't think it's worth the trouble...

• it wouldn`t work out