What is so great about casual sex, friends with benefits , and emotionless sex?

I find it emty, and hurtfull to everyone involved. Can someone explain to me why so many people think its so great?

Most Helpful Guy

• It will never be as great as being in a relationship, but for those who can't find a girl, or who simply don't manage to maintain a relationship, it's a way of getting sex, cause after all we're humans and we have needs and urges.
    I'd rather sleep with 1 girl I love than with 100 I don't feel anything for, but when there's no girl I love, I have to find another way to have sex.

What Girls Said 6

• i agree. it's so nice to see a guy with this view.

• Nice to see a girl with this point of view as well ;)

• Still not my kinda stuff. Still hoping to understand what's so great about it.

• It's not. Need a connection and a relationship

• You get to satisfy your desires with no strings attached

• Why is being in a loving relationship seen as "strings" though? Like you are a puppet or something? Sense when is being happy being a puppet?

• Some people don't wanna be tied down so they classify it as being attached with strings. but that's what any relatioship is about, being stringed attached. if stringed makes any sense

• This is a great question. I recently fell in love with this truly amazing guy who ended up being my friends with benefits, which we had both agreed on, cuz he had broken up with an ex of 4 year like months before. He said he didn't want a relationship from the start but i hoped so bad that he would realize that I would never hurt him or leave him like his ex did but turns out i think he's pushing me away instead of me making him feel better. It hurts to see him be sad about someone who isn't coming back and it kills me when he avoids contact with me sometimes. Next time i want to tell him how i feel but it probably won't end well. Its been emotionally painful for me for 8 months now and I've gone into deeply sad and depressive emotional states. i dont know how to get out of it. Please, dont even consider one of these types of relationships cuz if you fall for them, it will kill you :(

• I actually have, and I don't like them personally. I can't see why so many people are so obsessed with them. I agree they are not fun, they kill you :( Sorry to hear about your man :(

• It's not great at all.

What Guys Said 7

• I assume it's the sex part.

• No idea. But people have different taste so somebody must get something out of it.

• I really don't know, I'm like you I just don't see the point I'd rather wait, till marriage.

• Probably because they care only about the physical aspects.

• I don't know dude. I guess it's just people with nothing better to do with their lives. I tend to find all of the things that you've mentioned to be boring.

• I don't know... the thing about sex is IT FEELS GOOD. For some people it doesn't take "emotion" to get pleasure out of things that they enjoy. It's kind of just as simple as that. But I can go further into how it's hard for some people to find a good emotional connection to do ANYTHING. I just won't.

• Because it comes without a side order of someone taking over your life.