How do I accept the fact that I'm going to die alone?

I've been alone all my life. I only had one friend, which I no longer talk to anymore, because he started dating and forgot about me. I never got used to being alone. I'm also a 20 year old introvert (a forced one) who never had a girlfriend, and even though I've been liking myself for all my existence, I never knew what is like to be loved. I never knew what's like to have someone by your side who thinks you're special and cares about you. I consider myself to be an attractive young man, both physically and psychologically. I'm in college, and have a fair share of friends and there are LOTS of girls, but I get ignored by most of them. Virtually every girl seems to look at me and not see someone attractive or good in any way (and contrary to popular belief, to get a girlfriend, you're not the only one who has to find yourself attractive, you need another person too)... I'm to the point where I get really amazed when a girl looks at me for more than two seconds (even though I don't act like a creepy stalker when that happens). So, it's obvious that'll I wasn't made to be loved. People say that "there always someone out there for you", but that doesn't sound like it's going to be my case. How do I accept the fact that I'm going to die alone with no one by my side? I've known people who did it, but I don't what were the steps they had to accomplish. How do I accept this soul-crushing reality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys put themselves in the friend zone. When was the last time you approached a girl on campus or in the mall? Do you have a online dating profile? Women are going to randomly knock on your door and ask if you want to have a relationship with them.

You can change your situation, it will not be easy but it can be done. Your first step is understanding how things really work. The psychology and sociology of dating and relationships. If you have ever learned any skill such as playing a sport, a video game etc you can learn to be good with women.

99.99999% of Main stream dating advice is bullshit.

Men are attracted to personality and looks, but mostly looks. Women are also attracted to both but for them its mostly personality. Confidence is key, which is apparent you lack by the wording of your post. You are scared girls will think your a creepy stalker. That means you care way to much about what they think of you.

If you care what they think of you then you are seeking their validation = not confident.

Don't focus on just one girl, its a numbers game. Like sales. If im a salesman only pitcedh his product to a few people he is not likely going to get anywhere. What if he pitches to 100 people to get a sale, then so be it. Dating is the same way.

When talking to a girl what she thinks of you should be the last thing on your mind. Be who you are and say what you want. Some will like you others will not.

Most of our ideas of how dating should work is a social construct and completely contradicts how our biology works.

If you are interested in pursuing this path google is your friend. Its a difficult path to follow, at least at first. You are already depress and don't have many friends so you really have nothing to lose anyone.

Either accept the status quo or see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Either way I have done all I can do, at this point you are on your own.

What Girls Said 4

• You're 20 years old... you are SOOOO young. SO MUCH will happen to you for the next decade and you won't even know why you asked this question in the first place. Speaking from someone with time, age and experience.

• OH COME ON !! you are 20 years old only. many people in the situation like yours, so all they will die alone? just be positive!!!

• Lol. What kind of question is this?

• you won't die alone.

What Guys Said 7

• You sound passive.

Girls don't come up to guys and hit on them unless they are insanely attractive (and that means attractive to women, not just physically attractive).

And whether someone loves you is out of your hands. You could do everything for a woman who isn't attracted to you, and she still wouldn't want you.

The only thing you can do is love others. If you see a girl you're attracted to, love her. That does not mean sit at home dreaming of her. It means doing everything you possibly can to make her happy. She might still reject you, as mentioned above. Then you move onto the next one.

• 0|0
  • just boost yer confidece and dont' give a shit about wot other think?

• Hug a mirror!

• dude your only 20, i would say start worrying about this once you are in your late 20's, like 26 and older

• stop that shit…

• I'm just curious how you went from in the second sentence of only having on friend to about half way down you write that you are in college and have a fair share of friends. Sounds like this might be a little fabricated.

I hope it's not a trolling attempt but for actual advice just put yourself out there more. The worst thing a girl can tell you is no.