Who has higher standards: men or women?

Who has higher standards when choosing a partner in your opinion? Just curious.

• Men have higher standards.
  • Women have higher standards.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men have higher standard because while they say they're fine with "normal" girls they expect their women to look like:
    www.siwallpaper.com/.../...desktop_screensaver.jpg
    or:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...cbfb23caba.jpg
    And expect them to be super fit with abs, a huge bum, super perky tits, they have to have to be super "feminine" and treat their man like they're the best thing since sliced bread. Oh, and these women have to be petite so the dudes can feel macho.

• Oh and these girls had to have been an over achiever, and captain of all their school teams when they were younger. They're also expected to give everything up when wanting a family or marriage come into play.

• I actually don't have high physical standards for men because for me to be able to like someone I have to grow an emotional attachment first. Not all of us are all about looks. Heck, my current boyfriend is a super sweet guy who I ended up falling for because he was kind and good to me, and because of his kindness I found him attractive. I like him freaky flaws and all. He's actually not what most women would go for when it comes to looks, but I gave it a chance because he's a genuinely good man.

• My current boyfriend isn't the toughest macho man in the world, but he's super sweet and he got me out of a dark time, and I love him to death. I even asked a question about him one time saying the same thing. :)

What Guys Said 42

• For just having sex:

Men have lower standards -- the woman only needs to not be unattractive.

Women have higher standards -- for a one night stand, a woman will choose the most attractive man she can find. If she can't find a man that meets the standard, she will decline to seek a one night stand.

For a long term relationship:

Men have higher standards for beauty -- Since this relationship will last more than just an evening and since it will be exclusive, care must be taken to see that the best possible mate is selected.

Women have lower standards for physical attractiveness. -- women will balance physical attraction against an array of other desirable traits and behaviors that they seek in a mate. Physical attraction only plays a minor part.

• It's definitely women. Men have standards but I never hear us getting as specific as women wanting us to have jaw lines and a tie with just enough facial hair and blue stunning eyes. Plus a dog and a car with a silver watch and the exact compliment she wants to hear at every turn she makes. Always openin the door.

Men never have standards as detailed as this women are waaaaaaay pickier

• I guess some women are like that, but I'm not as shallow as that. Believe me, I've met some waaaaay shallow women.

• Most girls will say guys, Most guys will say girls.

But, From a Evoluntionary Point of view, Girls are.

For guys, Genetically and Biologically speaking, If a women can bare children, Thats attractive, Thats the sole purpose for which our Specie exists, Repopulation. So, What does a Girl need? Well, Bewbs and Butts are signs of Fertility. So, Yeah.

But, Girls on the Other hand, Guys need to be Strong, Muscular, Fit etc. Guys are the Hunters remember, Chicks were the Gatherers,

So, I think Physically the Demands for guys are higher, But Mental demands for girls are higher (Girls like hot guys, Guys like nice girls).

Lets not be all happy go fucky lucky cunts and say shit like ''its whats on the inside'' that counts, because thats quite simply fucking bulshit, We live in a Society where looks are basically everything. So, Lets just deal with it already, Yes, I think Chicks are more fussy, but, thats only because they have been raised in the Social Media we have today that makes them that way.

But yeah, The Divide isn't that big, Both genders can be pretty fuckin picky in my opinion.

• -Women look for in a guy: Money, height, weight, social status, social skills, hair style, clothing style, face structure, his socks, his teeth, his breath, his hobbies, his body shape, his strength, his friends, his job

-How men judge: Look your best and don't be a bitch.

• Breath? I know for a fact that's false. I ran into a couple at the bar and the dudes breath was RANCID. I mean, he was super cool but DAMN. I could smell this dude from like 5 feet away. So no. I think he must have had a big shlong.

• Nuh... I don't care about any of that. Just as long as they're sweet and look decent. Aha, I guess we both judge the same.

• This is true

• Men have higher physical standards typically. Now if they can get a woman that meets those standards is a different story. I think women have higher emotional and other non-physical standards than men.

• I agree. They want us to look like supermodels

• They want you to look like super models when they aren't in the best shape most of the time either.

• Guys have higher physical standards for a relationship

Girls have higher physical standards for casual sex

Guys have little-no personality standards for casual sex

Girls want a guy who is confident and fun

Guys do care about personality for a relationship but don't care too much about finances

Girls care about personality and finances for a relationship

(not saying gold diggers, just that they generally care about money more than guys do)

• I don't, but yeah, some women do care about money.

• I have a boyfriend, but I probably will. I don't know.

• just remember this conversation, that way 10 years from now when you find yourself concerned with a guys finances, you can think "damn, bandit74 was right 😠"

• For a sex partner women tend to have much higher standards compared to men. When it comes to marriage men tend to have much higher standards than women do.

• Girls have higher standards when choosing sexual partners.
    Guys have higher standards when choosing a life partner.

• Reverse dude

• Many guys will have sex with any half decent woman if he is horny enough. Women can pick and choose from these men, hence higher standards.

Women are willing to have a long term relationship with most decent men that show they are capable and willing to support them. These men are picky about which women they choose to support and stand by for life. Hence men have higher standards in this department.

It's pure economics of supply and demand. So no, it's not the reverse.

• Ok perhaps but I think women have higher standards in both..,,

• Guys have higher hopes, girls have higher standards.

• In my experience men have higher standards when it comes to physical beauty but women have higher standards when it comes to social class. This isn't set in stone though.

• Women obviously. Have a man approach many women versus a woman approach many men and you can tell the difference.

• Women by far. Even looks, women are by far more shallow. Why? Because so many men, even good looking men go for unattractive and overweight women. You only see good looking women going for unattractive and overweight men if they are rich. Women are picky in a guy's wealth, height, race, skin color, car, house, etc.

• Of course women have higher standard. Men are the pursuers and they are the choosers. Women have a biological risk in mating with a man so she has to judge to see if the guy is up to her standards. men don't take any risk besides losing sperm.

• Depends on what those standards are. For instance, if you consider football, Pepe (a defender) scoring 10 goals in a season is too high for his standards, but Ronaldo or Messi failing to score even in a single match will hurt their reputation. The motives and behaviors of men and women are entirely different. And its unfair to judge them on common standards.

• Women men have high standards sometimes regarding physically, women have higher standards in more departments.

• Society wants women to comply to higher standards. Many women live according to their education.

• They both do

• Women tend to date someone "above" them socially while guys tend to date someone "below" them socially. It's not every case but it does seem to be much more prevalent than girls dating downwards and guys dating upwards.

• I'd say just about everyone has unbelievable physical standards for their partners that they themselves probably don't meet but on the flip side they have really shitty standards for a persons character.

• I say all being equal, women have higher standards than men! ;-)

• Women without a doubt.

• guys obviously

• Guys have higher standards

• When it comes to looks, men usually have higher standards. When it comes to personality, women tend to be more picky. Overall, it's pretty equal.

• Men are known for only caring about appearances. Women want everything to be perfect.

• Both equally do.

• I believe both genders are in their own ways.

• Women, physically, socially and personality-wise.

• Dirty Pussy = Never!

• there equal but women have higher standards then men when is comes to dating and men have higher standards when it comes to finding a wife Hey ladies how bout leaving the alpha males alone and give the rest of the pack a chance.

• Nowadays I think that men do

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 15

• Men have much higher standards in general. You can complain about issues relating to looks but that's just superficial teenager stuff. Men tend to know what they want and stick to it in terms of a relationship or marriage - reasonably good looks, intelligence, a good job, a decent family he can get along with, a decent cook/housekeeper (if that's what he's looking for), doesn't live too far away, no annoying friends, no cats, etc.

Women are much more optimistic and forgiving. We tend to see the possibilities in a guy rather than what he actually is now. We think he'll change because we love him so much. This results in so much unhappiness for everyone involved.

I know I'm generalizing and there are lots of counter-examples, but at my age, being divorced with so many divorced friends, I can't help thinking it would be better if more women thought like men about choosing a partner and could keep or emotions from taking over.

• I think men do. They all want women who are 10's. And we have to be angelic, and highly educated, accomplished and make cookies...

• Exactly, then they say WE do.

• You're over-exaggerating. Most of us don't want freaking 10's unless they're 100% real. If she's overall fake she automatically drops to a 5. Also, most of us want a balance... something in between fantasy and reality not one or the other. Doesn't matter what her body looks like if she has a pretty face!! However, I've seen women brush off guys who may not be supermodels but were still appealing. Hell, if I was a woman I'd date them. But apparently, y'all probably do it for retribution. You humiliate men and give them a taste of their own medicine. Am I wrong?

• Talk is cheap. A lot of women on here say they don't mind dating an average guy or they don't have high standards yet I bet not many of y'all can back it up lol When guys say they want a girl who's this and that THEY MEAN IT. It shows in their behavior.

• Up until our modern culture, it was women hands down.
    But now days, women are just as desperate, sleazy, and willing to be used as history's never-ending, common desperate man.

I'd say it's equal. People in general these days have piss poor standards.

• Looking for what I want, which is a relationship, I would say men for sure.

But it's not just a matter of high standards that makes it difficult it's hypocrisy that so many men towards women. Or maybe it's that they don't know what they want? But either I find most men very hard to deal with these days

• women for sure

• men have higher standards on appearance, women have higher standards on personality.

• Now a days, people focus on looks. A lot of guys want these porn star girls, and girls what the muscular beach body dudes. So, I think it can be pretty much equal, with the occasional exception here and there.

• I'd say neither but leaning towards men.. they will sleep with anything breathing. in my opinion

• I wanna say women because women get pregnant

• hard to say... i personally think it depends on the individual i have male friends who have both high and low standards as well as female friends with high and low standards

• Humans in general have high standards for certain things.

• It has no relevance to gender.

• Women cos of the whole inequality issue (I think). For example, apparently, women make less money than men, so I think that's why many girls are into guys with educations or careers. Well that's one example, but I think inequality is the reason why women have higher standards than men

• The only women making less money are typically women going into careers that don't pay as much since the jobs people like typically don't pay that much. Men however wanting to fulfill their gender roles so they can attract women tend to go into far higher paying careers, even if the guy doesn't like that job. In fact there are more female graduates than male graduates and women are still not going for the degrees that pay well.

• Women have higher standards.

• i think men do.