I need advice. How to get out of a relationship that I wasn't ready for?

Okay well this is going to be very long so here it goes--I've had a crush on this guy for mmm.. about 2 years now. I put all of my energy and time into trying to get him to like me and notice me and my grades suffered for it, I cut myself off from people, and I basically tortured myself because I was just SO infatuated with this guy (his name is Skyler by the way) And so about a month ago our really close friendship took a sharp turn and we were flirting like crazy. We texted back and forth every night until one day he finally admitted that he had liked me the whole time. And I was ecstatic. That night he asked me to be his girlfriend and of course, I said yes. Things were great for a tiny bit. We talked all the time at school and he would walk with me to my bus and in between classes and I was happy.. for the first 3 days. And thennn he started wanting to kiss me and hold my hand and be all lovey dovey and emotional and all of a sudden, my huge crush, ended just like that. I have no idea what happened whatsoever. I just started trying to avoid him and made any excuse I could not to see him. This was only a week ago that this all started. A WEEK. That's it. I just wasn't ready for this and now I can't even understand why I wanted it so badly. Now he's saying he loves me more than he's ever loved anybody ever and that I mean everything to him and all this sweet stuff. And the horrible thing about this is, I said it all back. I told him I love him and that he's my everything and ugh I feel AWFUL. I lied to him and gave him false confirmation of feelings that I don't have anymore. I'm just leading him on at this point and I really don't want to anymore. This sounds insane because it's only been two weeks but this entire situation went from 0-60 in the blink of an eye. I can''t bring myself to tell him that I'm not ready to be in a relationship. I like having crushes and being able to flirt with guys. As slutty as that sounds, I'm 15! I want to explore and meet new people. What should I do? Should I break up with him? And if so, how? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• guess u should dump him, and forget bout him ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Become "just good friends" forget the flirting.
    Best solution, given your age:at 14 you're not ready to be in a relationship.

• U need to be mature and tell him ur not ready for it

• Act all crazy!

What Girls Said 2

• Dump him... But I have a question, you do realize that your feelings changed just after you guys started getting intimate? Are you afraid of that?

• I've always been weird when it comes to receiving and accepting affection. I just don't know how to handle it, and I don't understand it myself but it's just how I am. Once he started being increasingly affectionate, that's when I started instinctively backing out and just distancing myself.

• Okay. Maybe you shouldn't dump him. You need to tell him how you feel about being affectionate so he can go slow on you and you start to feel comfortable in that aspect around him. But know that he isn't doing anything wrong. I think you should figure out why your feeling this way... I don't wanna imply anything but do you have self-esteem problems? Pls don't get offended just think about it. Because if it is tht way maybe you think you're not worthy of affection?

• You're right on the mark actually, I've always had self esteem issues and I have just never really liked myself. Another part of the problem is that I have been trying to discover who I really am and become more independent and just better myself, and I feel like I can't do that when I'm constantly having to worry about someone else. I feel like I can't really branch out because I'm tied down. I know he hasn't done anything wrong which makes things worse, in this situation it really is my own personal problems that are making me want to break up with him, it isn't anything that he's done wrong. And that's what I'm struggling with

• just break it off.