Do you think it is possible to instantly dislike someone over A physical feature?

I read stories about people who want to break up because they dislike his/her feet or ears or scars etc..

I don't see myself losing interest in someone instantly only because of a physical feature.. how about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• No way I'd be that superficial. I'd be lying if I said looks don't matter, but breaking up because a girl has big feet is just silly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to think, if we were already dating, and then I saw it, it wouldn't cause me to break up.

But, I guess it is really easy to say that, now, here in my room, not faced with it.

But, what if their back was all horrible burn scars? I'm not sure how I would react to seeing them. If I could handle seeing them over and over and over. and, how would they react to my reaction?

It might not be an instant break up.. but, can we truly honestly say, when the break happens, it wasn't a factor at all?

Or.. What if they have a tattoo.. say.. a Swastika?

I think a lot of American's would have an issue dating someone, with a tattoo of the American flag, either on fire, or covered in footprints.

Would they be able to see past it?

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, it's possible. Maybe not over one single physical feature, but it's entirely common. For example, I would never date a girl who was overweight. This may not be a great example, seeing as it is something that can be changed, is arguably that person's fault, and is an indicator of a particular lifestyle I don't agree with, but that is one particular physical feature that makes me instantly think the person isn't somebody I would want to date.

• No, if the hearts meet, you have to be aware how important it is when you come home to someone you feel nice with :D
    I value a nice personality so much more than a pretty face, hands, feet,...
    If I would change my opinion I'm convinced I'd be an unhappy guy Mei :o

• Looks matter a little bit; no getting around that.

With that said, if I was attracted to her then there's nothing she could reveal that would diminish my attraction.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't see myself doing that either.
    If someone breaks up over a feature then they have problems (like the guy from shallow Hal)

• yeah I think maybe some people care about a certain physical feature a lot... O_O

• Umm I have never heard of this before.

• I don't think i've heard of this before either, but there are few people who care a lot about a physical feature O_O. I've just read a girl with a not pretty feet (from doing ballet, and wearing heels) and her boyfriend was so turned off by them that he wanted to break up.

• that's really superficial imho

• Some people's unattractive physical traits are actually annoying. They can't get away with certain facial expressions, for example.

• looks are a big part of what attracts me to a person. once i start liking a person i wouldn't stop because of a physical feature.

• It is I have heard of people doing it but I think it is absolutely ridiculous because you should like/love someone for who they are on the inside not the outside.

• Yeah , it's possible. I'm not like that.

• Someone's nose can bother me a lot

• I see.. but if you are already in a relationship with a person, and do you think a physical feature of your so could bother you a lot?

• I wouldn't be with them if it bothered me

• And if they were in a freak accident that left a huge scar I would stay

• yes because if dey ugly , dey ugly