How should I find someone?

I am about to become a neurosurgeon and i am still single! Every time i try to get along with a guy he becomes intimated by my profession! I am an independent women and that seems like a problem for my personal life!! Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date you in a heartbeat. How do you know that they are intimidated by your profession? I bet you are wrong. Also, men like independent intelligent women too. I like these qualities too but I and other men also like to feel valued and needed. The message I get from a lot of women is "I want to be with you but I do not need you. "I can take you or leave you because I can take care of myself but let's date." I mean would you want to date a guy who feels that way?
    I think men want women to value our masculine energy. That means accepting masculine energy as a necessary ingredient that enriches the feminine experience, and vice versa. It's not a contest. We need each other.

What Guys Said 5

• Its all just nerves. You understand them don't you. lol

But you show as 18-24 and I can't see you being close to being a neurosurgeon! In the US you need to attend pre-med, then attend a medical school for a doctorate degree, followed by a 6 to 8 year residency program. Which parts are you skipping?

• Red_Arrow I noticed the age right after I answered and thought the same thing you wrote. She's missing a whole chunk of something in that timeline. Neurosurgeons have one of the longest residencies in the medical field

• Okay you guys caught me ! I lied about the age thing!

• Or something...

• A neurosurgeon? That is awesome and a lot of work, best of luck to your journey! Yeah some guys are intimidated if the women is smarter than them and/or makes a lot more money. Maybe it is because as guys we think or are taught that we should be the providers for our family so maybe they feel like their ego will take a hit or less of a man if they are not the bread-winner in the house hold?

• I love smart independent women and am not intimidated by them. You just need to find a secure guy but they are not in the majority sadly.

• Maybe at conferences or events specifically for doctors. I don't think other people in your field of work would be intimidated by you. Also, I'm glad to hear you're becoming a neurosurgeon. I wouldn't be here today without my neurosurgeon

• please can i be your friend... anything i wish to be a neurosurgeon and i will... still stydin i can be a good loyal friend

What Girls Said 2

• If a guy gets intimidated by that, he's not worth it. If a guy truly wants to get to know you and if it leads to more than friends, he won't care about the fact you're a neurosurgeon. You can't change how others feel. So just continue being yourself. There's nothing you can do to change what people get intimidated by.

• just keep looking!