Why am I so terrified?

Of rejection i mean not once even going back to middle or high school have i asked a girl out im now 23 i thought eventually you grow out of it but it dosent seem to be the case with me

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• Rejection is hard and no one likes to feel like they aren't enough. It's a common fear, I have the same problem I'm too scared to even talk to someone I am interested in. I wouldn't worry too much on it. Just slowly try to get out of your shell.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm in the exact same situation as you. Confessed to one female, not too long ago (because people kept telling me that I should 'try' approaching women), and she turned me down in the nastiest way possible. Hadn't confessed to anyone before that, and I doubt I will in the future.

I wonder how so many men manage to get a ;yes' from women. The way i see it, it is VERY VERY difficult to make a woman to agree to date with you, unless you have Hollywood-actor like looks or wagonloads of cash.

Getting rejected by someone of the opposite gender is the worst form of personal insult and humiliation. Knowing that you weren't good enough for her, makes your stomach knot with pain and embarrassment. That's the reason I would probably stay single, rather than risk rejection. Because I know for sure that every woman on this planet will reject me anyway. Better save myself from the humiliation.

• Dude same mindset honestly its why im thinking about giving up on women and staying single the pain and embarrassment isn't worth it

• Yeah man i never had the mindset of giving up because im not a quitter but im also realistic im 23 and just getting older things aren't gonna magically change one day and ill be able to talk to women

• Yeah right!
      I too was under the illusion that I might change as I grow up. Now I'm almost 29, and there has been no change at all. In fact, I'm getting more and more convinced that relationships are only for certain types of men, and I'm certainly not among that type.

• Just ask, the only way you get rid of it is by asking again and again until rejection seems like no big deal at all. I've gotten rejected sooo many times, but in the end it's worth it when you find a girl you like :)

• and she says yes... most guys have to ask a bunch of women before finding one that says yes.

• yea that is true but you can only hope that the next one will be better and learn from previous failures.

• @aficionado forgot to mention you

• No one likes rejection, we all want some form of acceptance. But something that helps is just telling yourself the worst she can say is "no". If you starting thinking about what if she does this or that then your over thinking it and already siking yourself out.

• Same issue here man, if you somehow figure out how to stop being that way, let me know please

• You just have to build skin.