Is religion a turn off?

I don't ever talk about it unless I was asked. But being an atheist for the longest time wheb I was younger I always thought people that go to church and mindlessly believe in fairy tales was almost a mental disorder.. I had a lot of tramatic things that happened to me and I had some pretty severe situational depression. I went to free counseling sessions at the church and it really did give me an Outlook. I don't believe everything jn the bible but I do believe there is something bigger than us.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that too. I do believe what's in the bible but I also think that humans have twisted some words and interpretations for their own agenda. But bottom line I do believe in God.
    I'm dating a person that he isn't sure he believes in God or anything and so far it hasn't been a problem. However I'm moving in with him in a week and I can't stop thinking about it. I mean once in a while I will say a little prayer and I don't want him thinking anything about it. I don't want him to see it as a turn off. I just still want to have a relationship with my somewhat religious side.

What Girls Said 5

• Just because you choose to be an atheist doesn't mean you need to belittle people who don't follow your meaningless perception in life. Don't insult and degrade MILLIONS of strangers whom you don't even know by saying they are believing in "fairy tales" as if they have a 'mental disorder'. This is why many people can't stand atheists because they come off as arrogant with mistaken superiority complexes.

• To answer your question, hell no I wouldn't give a guy like you a chance the second those disrespectful, condescending, nasty ass comments flew out of your mouth.

• I was converted I told you these were my beliefs before

• Oh, it was late and I must have missed that part

• I was raised in a fairly traditional Jewish family. I'm still practicing, but I'm agnostic -and have been for most of my life. My main thing with religion is that if we're of different religions -or even different degrees of the same religion -that you not push yours on me, and I not push mine on you. Anyone aggressively trying to convert me to ANYTHING or mocking my beliefs and traditions is a turn-off -and I include hardcore atheists in that. As long as you accept and respect my beliefs -or at least accept that I have them and respect ME (as an equal, I mean), your religion or lack of it is irrelevant to me. I have this attitude towards acquaintances and friends, and it is one of my hard-core deal-breakers-if-not-met for potential partners.

• To me it is, yeah. I'm not religious and don't want to be with a guy who is religious. We wouldn't be compatible with each other. That's my honest opinion.

• I'm not talking about marriage.. I'm talking about casually dating. its not as if it wild even come up in a conversation. still a turn off if you found out?

• I hate those people.. I have family members that are like that. Would never attempt to bring up the topic.

• Then I don't see it being too much of a problem for many girls. If she's non-religious and this starts turning into a long term relationship, that's where the differences and issues are going to crop up.

• I was raised a Christian and come from a very religious family. Earlier I used to only want a relationship with a Christian because anything else would be so hard with my family. Now I identify as agnostic so I would want someone who is agnostic or atheist only.

• a little bit.

What Guys Said 3

• Making a life changing decision in the time of turmoil instead of making it in times of a calmness of logical deduction is a rather dangerous pursuit but I digress.

Is religion a turn off?
    Not necessarily as long as it's not one of those 'JESUS US TALKING TO ME MANG!!!" types.

• Yup fanatics are a turn off

• @justbeinghonest

It's called the Blue Laws and Sunday Shopping law. They are both religiously charged. Not just germany , a very large part of Western Europe also has the same laws.

• I just wish I got payed for working holidays

• I was raised a Christian and still am. I would never force my religion on anyone though and I do not want to be in a relationship with a bible-thumper. I do not care really if she is Christian, another religion, or non-religious at all. Wow these responses are kind of depressing to see :/

• It is right.

• Totally man it is like wow okay I did not know that. Of course we are seeing just a very very small portion of the female population, but still it makes me wonder...

• Turn off? Well it's neither a turn on nor a turn off...

But as an atheist, I would not date someone who was religious.