Is religion a turn off in the dating world?

Not a Jesus freak that preachest that tries to convert you but if someone said im going to church tomorrow would that turn you off?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Religious incompatibility is an issue for many people. Atheists often don't like like bible bashers and christians often don't date heathens. It's not that your religion is the problem, it's the difference in religious status between the two that causes an issue, in some cases.

• Religion is like a penis - I won't date someone with one.

What Girls Said 5

• I think going to church indicates that he is community minded... and that his circle of friends is a broad one. As long as he isn't trying to convert me, I have no problems with him going to church.

• If your going to the church or whatever I don't care. But please done ask me to convert because it just won't happen

• Well, I'm an atheist, and my boyfriend is a jehovah's witness. We don't let religion get in the way. He doesn't bring up his religion in conversation.

• If he wants go to church then he's going to church. There's no big deal there

• It would. It is a major turn off.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on who you're dating.

It's a turn-on for religious people.
    it's a turn-off for irreligious people.

• api.ning.com/.../ReligionislikeaPenis.jpg

It ain't a turn off, if you don't try to push it on your significant other. "I'm going to church tomorrow" is not a turn off. "Come with me to church tomorrow, so that it will be easier for our relationship" is a turn off.

• It would not turn me off but just the same if my church going date realized that I do not attend church would that be a turn off for them? Like it or not, religion is part of the culture we grew up in, our philosophy of life, and part of our psyche. You can not turn it off and on easily. It all depends on how important your beliefs are and how tolerant you are.

• For atheists it's about as much as a turn-off as saying "i'm going to see a fortune teller" is a turn-off...

and I am religious.

• A little bit. I like mythology, but find it hard to relate to sincere faith.

But if you said you were going to Black Mass in the woods, I might perk up.

• It would be the opposite for me, I don't think I could date a non-Christian. I know that sounds discriminatory but it is what it is. I would be happy for them.