Would you date someone who admits to having suicidal thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. I dig suicidal.

What Guys Said 14

• I've dated someone suicidal before, and it was scary tbh. It was also extremely stressful, and i always felt responsible for her life. I finally got her to stop being suicidal, but she dumped me as soon as she didn't need me any more. So from personal experience - I'd be her friend and try to help her as best as i could, but i wouldn't date her until she got better.

• i'd rather help her...

• Yes Its just thoughts. I would work on them

• I would be there for them and want her to become mentally healthy before I dated her

• No, but I'd try to help her.

• I will try to help if she wants to better her life, then we can date to see if we are compatible, but if I know she refuses to get better then no, because I will be always trying to entertain her with my time which is too selfish of her.

• Very, very doubtful. Confidence is key for me. I would try to do what I can to help them though.

• If I liked her then yes. That's a part of who she is and you can't cherry pick your favorite parts of someone and ignore the rest.

• That's a tough one. I don't think I could since there's a chance that they might try to use it against me if I tried to end the relationship for example.

• Yes. Sounds like they could do with a date!

• HELL NO

filler

• If she's hợt yeah

• Well i would like to rescue her

• No. They need to get healthy first.

What Girls Said 4

• No. I'm sorry, but that could easily, quickly become a chore to deal with.
    I am not interested in dealing with the burden of playing free therapist and suicide watcher because someone won't get their shit together.
    I am at a point in my life where I have met my full capacity of drama. I am no longer dealing with other peoples baggage. People need to get their shit together, resolve their issues, and remedy their internal messes before they start trying to date, function properly with a significant other, and operate a healthy relationship or romantic connection.

• Dunnooo... I'd have already spotted that before dating him.

• No, I'd be depressed if they killed themself.

• Exactly and it's really unfair, selfish, and self-absorbed for them to request that you carry that heavy emotional load because they can't get their sh*t together.

• yes but it would be a load of work dating them